PDA

View Full Version : Vocal technology

Spudman
September 30th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Lately I've been looking into the new Vocalist Live pedals from Digitech. It seems that around here vocal harmony is a lost art and it sure can make a solo performer or a singer in a band sound great to have that extra voice singing along. I can harmonize all day but not everyone else can. What do you have if the only person that can sing harmonies is singing lead? Answer: NO HARMONIES.

This video is a great example of what you can expect from one of these boxes.

I'm thinking of taking this, the Boss RC20XL Looper, an acoustic, an electric and a small PA and doing some solo gigs.

GCmK8vlGWGg

marnold
September 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Those Digitech boxes are nothing short of amazing from what I've heard. I really like how it listens to your chords and does the harmonization on the fly. No real programming required. There's some clever folks out there.

Spudman
September 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I watched a video where the guitarist is using it to create harmonies for his guitar while he plays Queen's "God Save The Queen." There is a lot than can be done with these.

marnold
September 30th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I watched a video where the guitarist is using it to create harmonies for his guitar while he plays Queen's "God Save The Queen." There is a lot than can be done with these.
Man, I've got to see that. Linkage?

Spudman
September 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Man, I've got to see that. Linkage?

And here you are.
Ra8K1hjjZWc

tot_Ou_tard
September 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I've wondered about whether those things really work.

I think your solo gig plans sound great Spud!

The long awaited Skyrawker Solo Tour.