PDA

View Full Version : Taking piano lessons

pes_laul
September 30th, 2008, 02:36 PM
yup took my first one today. Im starting with intermediate lessons due to the fact I know the notes and stuff.

I know learning sheet music has been really helpful for me.

Spudman
September 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Great Pes. Learning more about music can only benefit you in the long run. :AOK:
Don't forget: to play piano you'll need a really wide strap or your shoulder will hurt all the time.:D

ET335
September 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
You will need a larger pic too:D

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Piano is great. It is where I started in music. Go back and listen to old 70's rock and hear all the great piano being featured in a lot of it. Syncopation, various rhythms, and cool chords that can create and resolve tension all can come into play. Also, when you learn to form the chords on the keyboard, then mess around with inverting and changing up guitar chords, you can learn some pretty cool stuff, and apply it back to the guitar too.

Spudman
September 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Great song about piano lessons.
9CvxoeasJ2E

just strum
September 30th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Pes, :AOK: :AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

Good for you young dude. You are doing something that a lot of here wish we would have done in our youth.

Oh, and besides a wide strap, make sure it's triple padded. Also might want to invest in some heavy duty Schaller strap locks.

Katastrophe
September 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Piano is cool.:bravo:

Keytar is not. :messedup:

Don't make the leap.

Friends don't let friends play keytar (unless you are Jan Hammer or Harold Faltermeyer and it's the 80s).

pes_laul
October 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM

Don't make the leap.

Friends don't let friends play keytar (unless you are Jan Hammer or Harold Faltermeyer and it's the 80s).
lol the song "whip-it" comes to mind:rockon:

the only downside is that these lessons are coming out of my pocket and being my age it can get a little hard to afford. it may seem not but instead of kris-the-young-dude I feel like kris-the-broke-dude lol, it's only 10-20 bucks a week but when you dont have a job:poke:

warren0728
October 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM

Don't make the leap.

not really a keytar....but pretty damn cool! :bravo:

x1mV_5-bRPo

ww

Katastrophe
October 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Not a keytar, and therefore exempt.

Other factors to consider:

1. It's Edgar freakin' Winter.

2. He is a certified American bada$$.

3. 'Nuff said!

:D :master: :AOK:

warren0728
October 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Not a keytar, and therefore exempt.

Other factors to consider:

1. It's Edgar freakin' Winter.

2. He is a certified American bada$$.

3. 'Nuff said!

:D :master: :AOK:
yep....i said it wasn't a keytar! and your other points are completely valid too! :beer: :pancake:

ww