PDA

View Full Version : Carr Rambler

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Anyone play one? My instructor had one in his car as I was leaving, and it has become his main gigging amph for now. It is a clean amph, and is pretty simple, but he says it has some magic for finding the right frequencies for cutting through the band, without relying on tons of volume. It is only 28 Watts and is a 1x12. It has some sort of red Eminence speaker in it he says.

This guy also has a late 60's Fender Vibrolux, which was his main gigging amp for 12 years, and a Fender Bassman head he plays either through an off name 4x10 cab and another cab, I think a 2x12, but that doesn't sound right. Since a Bassman is more or less my dream amph, I forgot to listen about the second cab he uses, I was busy picking my jaw up off the parking lot. He loves that one too, but it is too loud for the club gigs he is doing right now.

Anyway, he loves this Carr. It looked pretty darn cool, with a vintagey looking saddle leather type tolex covering.

Robert
September 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Never played one, but I have listened to it quite a bit online, from various sources. It's seems to be one fantastic sounding amp. Sure wouldn't mind having one... :whatever:
But it's a bit pricey for me, plus I'm on an official Marshall quest.

sunvalleylaw
September 30th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Now I remember. The second cab he plays the Bassman head through is a classic Marshall JCM 4x12 cab. He says it moves the earth.

tot_Ou_tard
October 1st, 2008, 05:26 AM
Like Robert Veinman I have heard clips & drooled over that amph, but I also don't have the bills for it.

The vibrolux & the bassman are also drool worthy.

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Never played one, but I have listened to it quite a bit online, from various sources. It's seems to be one fantastic sounding amp. Sure wouldn't mind having one... :whatever:
But it's a bit pricey for me, plus I'm on an official Marshall quest.

That's right you tell 'em...you stick with those blinders on your eyes and head straight for that Marshall. :D

M29
October 1st, 2008, 11:18 AM
tot_Ou_tard said
Like Robert Veinman

You guys crack me up:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Go Marshall:rockon: