PDA

View Full Version : Japanese FX site

tunghaichuan
October 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Found this site while surfing the 'Net the other day:

http://www.effector-repair.com/

Apparently the guy likes to take FX apart. :D

I thought this one was particularly cool:

http://www.effector-repair.com/index.php?main_page=BOSS_kyoumen&zenid=8b4d468ad044eb5c08fb5e562841b3d5

A DS-1 is taken apart, paint stripped of and the housing is buffed to a mirror finish. :AOK:

tung

Spudman
October 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
That's kinda cool but my Japanese is a little rusty. What does he do with them after he takes them apart?

SuperSwede
October 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
You gotta love those japanese "special interest" sites..

Tone2TheBone
October 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
That pedal looks pretty cool but I bet it would scuff really bad like iPods do.

Andy
October 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
here's what he says about the polished pedal(google translater)

"After polishing, and to revert to its original contents is completed. Silver Knob in the mirror of the suits is often the case. Brightness is a little uneven, but until now never seen a major BOSS Effects of satisfaction. I want to present to Joe Satriani."

Suhnton
November 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
That translation was pretty good. Here's my version:

"If you try to do it all in one day, you'll wear yourself out, so it's better to finish it over a few days. The silver on the knobs and the case suit each other really well. It's a bit patchy in places, but I've never seen a BOSS pedal like this before, so I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'd like to give it to Joe Satriani as a present."

And the last sentence is: "From a different angle. Pretty cool, huh?"

Pretty cool indeed. BOSS should release a few models like this.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2008, 01:06 AM
That translation was pretty good. Here's my version:

"If you try to do it all in one day, you'll wear yourself out, so it's better to finish it over a few days. The silver on the knobs and the case suit each other really well. It's a bit patchy in places, but I've never seen a BOSS pedal like this before, so I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'd like to give it to Joe Satriani as a present."

And the last sentence is: "From a different angle. Pretty cool, huh?"

Pretty cool indeed. BOSS should release a few models like this.

Direct translation? Cool, sounds good to me and I agree those shiny metallic pedals would look killer on any pedal board.

markb
November 15th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Silver Knob in the mirror of the suits

Great! Now I have a title for my prog-rock project :D

Suhnton
November 15th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Direct translation? Cool, sounds good to me and I agree those shiny metallic pedals would look killer on any pedal board.

It's not an absolute direct translation, since there's no 1-to-1 correlation as far as words and phrases are concerned, between any two languages (at least that's the conclusion I've come to since I learned Japanese). I was concerned more with expressing the speaker's intention or feeling. My wife's Japanese and I've been living in Japan for a few years now, so I'm starting to understand how these guys think :)

Anyway, there's also a metallic polished Jim Dunlop wah on that site too if I recall correctly, which also looks "Pretty cool, huh".

Suhnton
November 15th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Great! Now I have a title for my prog-rock project :D

Sounds like a King Crimson title or something :)
I noticed you're in N.Z - how's the weather down there? I'm originally from there myself.