PDA

View Full Version : Students performing "General Lee"

Robert
October 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Some pretty good guitar students, eh? :) This is from 1985. First solo: Todd Barth, second and third solos: Steve Trovato, last solo: Jimmy Herring.

I love this tune. It was written and performed by Steve Morse. The original has Albert Lee playing some smoking leads as usual. These students play it amazingly well too. I wish I could play like that!

iYL0iw1rsOs

tunghaichuan
October 3rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
That was pretty awesome. I've always liked that tune as well. Steve Morse and Albert Lee are among my favorite players. For some more smoking Albert Lee check out "Fun Ranch Boogie" if you can find it.

tung

Some pretty good guitar students, eh? :) This is from 1985. First solo: Todd Barth, second and third solos: Steve Trovato, last solo: Jimmy Herring.

I love this tune. It was written and performed by Steve Morse. The original has Albert Lee playing some smoking leads as usual. These students play it amazingly well too. I wish I could play like that!

iYL0iw1rsOs

duhvoodooman
October 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Instantly recognizable as one of Steve Morse's country-flavor compositions. Thought I'd heard them all, but that's a new one on me.

"Students", huh? I remember seeing Jimmy Herring with the Allman Bros. a few years back, after they finally fired Dickey Betts. He did a fine job.