PDA

View Full Version : Billy Preston, RIP :(

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2006, 09:57 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198353,00.html

He died way too young. Love his work and he will be missed.

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Yep, another fantastic musician that has left us.

Spudman
June 6th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Sad.
Thanks for the news though. Soon enough we are going to have to come to terms with the passing of the other Beatles. I'd like to believe there is still hope for mankind.

SuperSwede
June 6th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Perhaps we soon will have only one-hit wonders that are created by the record companies. Will there be a future for young aspiring musicians in garages all over the world, or will the new music market continue to demand instant hit machines with beautiful faces?

Spudman
June 6th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Perhaps we soon will have only one-hit wonders that are created by the record companies. Will there be a future for young aspiring musicians in garages all over the world, or will the new music market continue to demand instant hit machines with beautiful faces?

REVOLUTION! Start one. Tell people you know that listen to crap music about about a good artist. Turn them on to the alternative...good music. Support good artists and tell everyone else to as well. Refuse the status quo. Call radio stations and request good stuff. Tell them you will quit listening to their station unless they play better music. "Revolution calling you."

Tone2TheBone
June 6th, 2006, 11:02 PM
...number nine....number nine....number nine....number nine....

Ok whats with the ads in between our posts..........!

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2006, 03:01 AM
What are you thinking about Tone2thebone?

Tim
June 7th, 2006, 03:49 AM
That's Ok Tone. I see them too. It's not all in your head.

Robert
June 7th, 2006, 07:54 AM
What did you see in the ads - numbers?

Nelskie
June 7th, 2006, 08:20 AM
REVOLUTION! Start one. Tell people you know that listen to crap music about about a good artist. Turn them on to the alternative...good music. Support good artists and tell everyone else to as well. Refuse the status quo. Call radio stations and request good stuff. Tell them you will quit listening to their station unless they play better music. "Revolution calling you."

Just to add to this a bit, this is the primary why "Have You Heard" became part of this forum. To expose our members to music they otherwise may not have been familiar with, or artists they may not have heard. In our own, albeit very small way, FN is part of this grass-roots effort.

And secondly, I will tell you first-hand that the Spudman walks it like he talks it. Thanks to him, I've been able to discover several bands that I would have otherwise never have given a second thought to - bands like Spock's Beard, Procupine Tree, The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, O.S.I., and The Michael Men Project, as well as artists like Neal Morse, Roine Stolt, Steve Wilson, and Tomas Bodin just to name a few. This music has had a huge affect on me in a very short time, and has most definitely added to my overall enjoyment of the guitar, and music in general.

Billy Preston's work with the Beatles was probably one of the highlights of his career, but his body of work stretches much further than that. If anyone has any studio CD / listening suggestions regarding, I think it'd be most worthy of a post in HYH. After all, his music is what keeps his spirit alive and well, and dwelling within us. ;)

Tone2TheBone
June 7th, 2006, 08:40 AM
When viewing the forums at home I see extra ads sitting in between people's posts. When at work I don't. Weird. Banner ads sitting on their own tan background box. Thanks Tim I know I'm crazy but I thought I was seeing things for a moment.

Spudman
June 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM
When viewing the forums at home I see extra ads sitting in between people's posts. When at work I don't. Weird. Banner ads sitting on their own tan background box. Thanks Tim I know I'm crazy but I thought I was seeing things for a moment.

I see them too but they are at the bottom of the page. It might be the way you have requested the thread to be displayed. Play with your preferences and see if it changes.