PDA

View Full Version : Does your significant other go see your gigs?

Robert
October 3rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
My wife rarely shows up for any of my gigs. I don't blame her though, we're not that good... :)

Does your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/date go see you when you perform?

Plank_Spanker
October 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
My wife comes out to gigs. She helps everyone loading in and out and runs beers for us.

She also makes sure she marks her "territory" for all of the other ladies to see. :D

Andy
October 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
always, or atleast whenever possible.
she's my #1 fan !

I just found out she's getting me a new metronome and tuner for my B-day
(mabey she's trying to tell me something !:thwap: )

rkwrenn
October 4th, 2008, 05:50 AM
My wife attends a lot of my gigs. She brings my son to the kid-friendly ones. When I play clubs, she usually hangs home.

Cheers,

Bob

warren0728
October 4th, 2008, 08:20 AM
no significant other and no gigs....i just hate to miss out on replying to a thread!! :D :beer: :pancake:

ww

Spudman
October 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM
If she can get free and the atmosphere isn't one of complete debauchery then she'll show up. Mrs Spud loves to rock. Some of our first dates before getting married were at shows that I was playing. Sometimes it's really great to have someone who is sober to talk to on breaks.:AOK:

evenkeel
October 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Yes. Mrs. Keel almost always watches me play. It's been a while since I've played for people. Kind of missing it.

sumitomo
October 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Mine wishes I would go to gigs so she wouldnt hear my racket at home.Sumi:D

bigoldron
October 4th, 2008, 10:29 PM
The only gigs I'm playing these days are at church with our youth band or a community event with our kids. Since my 17 year old sings in the band, my wife is usually there. She's pretty good about showing up even when daughter 1 isn't involved either. I'll admit, I married over my head. :AOK:

duhvoodooman
October 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
no significant other and no gigs....i just hate to miss out on replying to a thread!! :D :beer: :pancake:
Warren, this reminds me of that old line, "If we had some ham, we could have some ham & eggs, if we had some eggs." :D

Not a gigger either, though....

warren0728
October 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Warren, this reminds me of that old line, "If we had some ham, we could have some ham & eggs, if we had some eggs."
i like it! :beer: :pancake: :AOK:

ww

zeusse
October 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM
My wife doesn't come to any gigs anymore she'd rather be watching Big Brother....years ago she use to hang out but night after night it gets a bit boring plus she has to keep an eye on the kids when I'm out playing somewhere or she has to get my son to his hockey games.

Spudman
October 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Mrs Spud came out tonight and listened to most of the first set and a tiny bit of the second before she had to go put baby spud to bed. She even took some pictures. I haven't seen them yet but if there are any worthy of posting I will.

Glacies
October 6th, 2008, 05:07 AM
My GF has been massively supportive of me picking up guitar and while I'm not a gigger (don't know if I ever will be) I'm sure she'd come out for the first couple if she could.

Otherwise, I love listening to her hum whatever song I'm currently working on while she's doing stuff around the house.

hubberjub
October 6th, 2008, 05:55 AM
My wife is at about 90% of our gigs. One of the band women almost always manages to show up to babysit.

Brian Krashpad
October 7th, 2008, 11:36 AM
She also makes sure she marks her "territory" for all of the other ladies to see. :D

She pees on you? :eek:

Isn't that how one marks one's territory? :D

Back to the point in the OP, no, not any more. Mrs. Krashpad never really liked live music and bars to begin with, and I got her to go to shows somewhat regularly for the better part of a decade, so I have "released" her.

Every now and again, if we get some show that's especially big, I'll nag her into coming. So she went to see me play bass for Bo Diddley (I have an eye-witness!) a couple years ago, and when we played the middle bill for the Roach Motel (locally infamous and actually internationally known in some very small punk rock circles) reunion tour's Gainesville stop a couple years before that.

When I was playing in church she saw most of those performances though.

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM
My wife and kids have come to most of the times I have played out. They have been at outdoor fests in parks and the like, so it was natural for them to do so. I have not done any bar scene gigs, and I bet I would be on my own for one of those.

Jimi75
October 8th, 2008, 07:02 AM
My wife used to be my number one fan - used to be - used to be - used to be.
I think after so many years she is just immune against my music and topics like guitars, amphs and such. She leaves me a lot of free space to live out my music :master: , but she rarely visits my shows. So I do not ask her anymore to come out to see my gigs, only for special occasions like when we played the ice hockey arena and 6000 people were there. Then I see in her eyes that she's proud of me and I am happy to share these moments with her, but when we play the usual Blues clubs and there are fity more or less drunk guys I rahter have her safe at home with my kids. For official festivals like in parks I love having my kids dancing in front of the stage :-)