PDA

View Full Version : "All The Things You Are"

FrankAxtell
June 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I did this real fast in about 10 minutes so don't expect to much...Gibson ES- 775 was the guitar I used.

http://www.frankaxtell.com/Audio/AllTheThings.mp3

www.frankaxtell.com

Robert
June 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Nice on Frank, I love that tone you got. What did you use for reverb?

Good playing, that is a song I always found difficult.

jpfeifer
June 6th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Frank,

Really nice. I love the tone and the playing. I also like the reverb that you've used on this track it's very nice.

How does the ES-775 compare to the ES-175?

-- Jim

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Frank, nice tone and great playing. Tell us more about that guitar, I never seen/heard a 775 before. (didnt know there was one). I love 175´s and it sounds similar

FrankAxtell
June 7th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Hey guys thanks again. The reverb was done in LOGIC PRO 7. Logic is loaded with outstanding top of the line pro effects. That was the silver reverb which is only one of about 5 reverb plugins. Here is a pic of the ES 775. I studied with the great Vincent Bredice author of Mel Bay's Complete Book Of Guitar Improvisation in the 80's and 90's. Joe Diorio and Sid Jacobs were two of Mr. Bredice's students. Anyway he used to give me a hard time about my San Dimas Charvel strat I was bringing to class so I finally broke down and got the ES 775 back then...and now I'm glad I did!

http://www2.osk.3web.ne.jp/~jams/813.JPG

www.frankaxtell.com

aeolian
June 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Frank, I really enjoyed that. Your playing is so far beyond what I can even dream of it's not funny.

I know very little about jazz, other than II-V-I being prevalent and I can manage to play that in 2 positions. I'd love to learn more. Actually I saw your recommendation of the Jazz Guitar book in another thread. I should check that out.

aeolian (at least I know the mode names ;-) )

SuperSwede
June 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
What a gorgeous guitar, really nice sunburst!
I usually record my ideas in Garageband and then import the recording into Logic for further "work"..
You should try Guitar Rig 2, it works great as a au plugin in Logic, lots of classic and modern amp sounds there!

M29
June 7th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Hello Frank,

The song sounds great and the guitar looks awesome!! Very nice indeed!!

M29