PDA

View Full Version : Invited to Jam

Jipes
October 7th, 2008, 02:31 AM
I was invited on friday by my ex guitar teacher to jam with the band which was giving a concert close to my town. All guitar players were really excellent and I was really nervous :thwap: but at the end of the show they all congratulated me with warm words that was a wonderful evening

Here is a little clip sorry for the quality

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6zj5i_jam-cafconc_music]

tot_Ou_tard
October 7th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Super comme d'habitude Jipes.

I like the Franglais in the title of your page

"Les Up and Down de L'ami Jipes"

Spudman
October 7th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Nice spanky tones. Great to see you playing.:bravo:

Robert
October 7th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Great job, Jipes! Great band there too.

warren0728
October 7th, 2008, 08:10 AM
nice jipes....cool song and a good job on your solo! :bravo:

ww

snarph
October 7th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Nice wish I did not have stage fright

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Cool, that is great that you hopped in with people that made you nervous and played away. Looking and sounding good!

Jipes
October 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Thanks to you all, these guitar players are quite famous in our country and that made me slightly nervous but at the same time they were giving me a warm welcome so things went easier :AOK:

As for the sound it's the equipment of my ex guitar teacher a very nice 57 Strat and a Reissue Vibrolux

Jimi75
October 8th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Yeah Jipes! Très cool! That was a nice video and good playing of course. :bravo:

Jipes
October 8th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks Jimi :AOK:

Robert
October 8th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Jipes, what gear did the first guitar player on that clip have? He had a nice tone too.

Jipes
October 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Jipes, what gear did the first guitar player on that clip have? He had a nice tone too.

His name is Fred Chapellier he did recently a great album "Tribute to Roy Buchanan". He plays on a custom strat built by Xavier Petit a french guitar builder who also did some guitars for Steve Vai or Satriani. Fred plays the strat through a Fender reissue Vibrolux with a Marshall drive pedal

Here is a photo that I took from the guitar
http://flickr.com/photos/jipes/2918894425/in/photostream/

BluesHowler
October 8th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Jipes, I loved your playing. That is an awesome song. Is it an original song? I tried to Google it to find the lyrics but all that came up was some rap type song not a cool blues tune.

hagarfreak33
October 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Very cool clip

Jipes
October 9th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Jipes, I loved your playing. That is an awesome song. Is it an original song? I tried to Google it to find the lyrics but all that came up was some rap type song not a cool blues tune.

Thanks a lot Man :AOK: The song is an original tune wrote by Leadfoot Rivet the singer it appears on a CD Blues Conspiracy on Dixiefrog label (2004)

http://www.chapitre.com/CHAPITRE/fr/MUSIC/the-blues-conspiracy/let-s-have-a-blues-party,11570780.aspx