PDA

View Full Version : USB Cable

just strum
October 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I went to Curcuit City last weekend to pick-up a couple of USB cables for my RP350 and JAMMAN. The CHEAPEST was $31.00 for 10 foot cable http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/yikes.gif

So tonight I am checking out the web and google "USB cable", near the top of the search I fond this

http://www.cablesforless.com/p-969-10-foot-usb-20-cable-a-male-to-b-male.aspx

Am I missing something, like maybe there is no cable between the two connections? Really, could there be that dramatic of a difference?

WackyT
October 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
You're not missing anything. You're paying the extra 30 bucks for the convenience of getting it there now, rather than having to wait a couple days to get it.

Spudman
October 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I have a hard time with the inflated prices for USB cable. I've picked up some that were very inexpensive and they work just fine. Before you order see if they have anything else that you might need to make the shipping worth while.

You can also check your local Salvation Army or similar thrift store and get them cheap as well as from Big Lots or a similar discount store.

Kazz
October 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
People who actually pay the price for a USB or USB2.0 cable at Circuit City or Best Buy just kill me.....

I do not have any 10 footers...but I have just about all the 3 footers you could ever want...I probably have 100 of them between the house and work.

mrmudcat
October 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Hey give me a day to look for some usb cables in the closet.

bigoldron
October 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Strum, send me your address and I'll give you that's (if I'm not mistaken) about 16 feet. I've got a couple lying around and would be happy to send you one.

just strum
October 9th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Strum, send me your address and I'll give you that's (if I'm not mistaken) about 16 feet. I've got a couple lying around and would be happy to send you one.

Ron,

I replied to you e-mail.

Thanks,

bigoldron
October 9th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Check your email Strum! :AOK:

just strum
October 9th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Check your email Strum! :AOK:

Got it, thanks.

mrmudcat
October 9th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Great Ron I could not find crap.Thats some Geargia mojo for ya strum my brother!:master:

Kazz
October 10th, 2008, 04:54 AM
boy now a 16ft one I would love to have so I could sit my printer on the other side of the room and still be able to hit it.

bigoldron
October 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM
boy now a 16ft one I would love to have so I could sit my printer on the other side of the room and still be able to hit it.

Check your email.

just strum
October 11th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Check your email.

Ron,

Coming from Georgia it should get here Monday or Tuesday. I just sent something by mail that got from Ohio to Oregon in 3 days, but of course coming from Georgia is all uphill:D

bigoldron
October 11th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Ron,

Coming from Georgia it should get here Monday or Tuesday. I just sent something by mail that got from Ohio to Oregon in 3 days, but of course coming from Georgia is all uphill:D

Well, you have to figure it'll also take longer 'cause a mule and wagon don't go too fast. :rotflmao:

just strum
October 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
The USB cable showed up today. I didn't measure it, but I think you are right Ron, about 21.5'.

Ron, I appreciate it and did not expect it to be brand new, unless you sealed the plastic bag yourself.

bigoldron
October 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Actually, it's a 21.5 footer and it went out today. :AOK: