PDA

View Full Version : Help with Box Net

PAPPY
October 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I opened a free account with Box.net and have uploaded a song my wife recorded. How do I share the file so that it has the media player where you can click on Play and it will play the song? The song is in WMA format.

Spudman
October 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Go to your Box.net account - open it up to the file that you created - go to the blue arrow on the right - scroll down to 'link to this file' - click - copy and paste the URL in the box.

Your file is now public and you can share it.

PAPPY
October 10th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks Spudman, I tried sending that to Shiner and it was a downloadable link that had to be opened or saved and it wouldn't let him open it. I've tried everything to get it to him so he could open it but to no avail. Well I finally realized that all I had to do was put it on one of my web pages as the background music and he could hear it. Only trouble is he will have to look at the home page of my web site LOL.

P.s. I finally saw something about a widget? but it called for an embedding and I don't know how to do that YET.

warren0728
October 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM
could it have anything to do with the .wma format....maybe if you converted it to an .mpg?....just a thought....

ww

Spudman
October 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
could it have anything to do with the .wma format....maybe if you converted it to an .mpg?....just a thought....

ww

My thought too. There has never been any issues with mpg files as we all use them for our clips and backers. Try changing the format when you upload and see if that fixes the issue.