PDA

View Full Version : New amp

Disraeli
October 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well, I know its not the marshall I want, but I got a steal on this.a vox ad 60vtx for 300 bucks, like brand new. Its perfect for my bedroom, (Fender was a bit to loud) I also like not having to worry about pedals. It sounds great, and they go for 800 new. He also threw in an 8x10 Behringer bass cab for a 100. Needed to get rid of it, they go new for 500 to 600. Its eyecandy, but I can always resell.
Im running the vox as the head for the bass cab. Its kind of bassy though.:p I'll probly sell the bass cab, but I don't know, its pretty sweet eye candy for the room. Anyways, just thought I would share my good fortune. Cya later...

http://www.haworthguitars.com.au/images/catalog/product.vox-AD60VTX.small.jpg

http://www.behringer.com/BA810/BA810_medium.jpg

Spudman
October 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Nice score.:AOK:

That bass cabinet is pretty handy to carry around in the back seat of your car. It prevents you from having to give folks rides anywhere because there is no room. It's also great to pull out at keggers. Great party boom box.:)

Seriously I'll bet you could sell the cabinet and pay for the amp. Good deal indeed.

Disraeli
October 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Im thinking of using it for playing my vinyl records. I really want to keep it cause its really sexy, and if I do ever decide to get a bass, I have a pretty good cab then.

Andy
October 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
nice snag , especially if it's a blue face like the pic

sunvalleylaw
October 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Congrats on the good score! I was just at lunch with some lawyers and a Judge (Kootenai County) from up near your area. They were down here for a bar association convention. Anyhow, good score.

just strum
October 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Scooooooooooooorree!!!!!

very nice.

Robert
October 20th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Those are Vox 60 watt amps are great. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

Disraeli
October 22nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
So, I have messed around with it for a few days now. (Midterms caused it to just be sitting there all by its lonesome) And I really like it combined with the Les Paul. I can get just about any tone out of it, and I don't need to worry about pedals anytime soon.

ShortBuSX
October 22nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
And I really like it combined with the Les Paul.

Man Im so jealous!
I could never get my Les Paul to sound good on mine.
With the cleans it was okay, but I never got anywhere with the gainy stuff and my LP.
Which amp model are you playing?
Maybe its that extension cab?

Brian Krashpad
October 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Holy cow, an 8x10 fridge cab for a Benjamin?

Dayum.

I know it's Behringer, but still.

Fridge cabs rock. When I have bass gigs of any kind of profile I use my Ampeg SVT. Nothing sounds like a fridge.