PDA

View Full Version : Some Slide

GREENMACHINE
October 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hey guys,
When I was up in Auckland I had a slide lesson, so I thought I would make a backing track, do some lead guitar over the top then add some accompanying slide to it.

Anyway here is the link: http://www.box.net/shared/5qcukhfy77

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Many thanks,
Cav :D

piebaldpython
October 12th, 2008, 12:01 AM
GREEN; get rid of the lead and just play SLIDE over the backing track. To my ears, the lead and slide kept bumping into and interfering with each other. So, I couldn't get a sense of what you were doing SLIDE wise. What I did hear was OK but it's only several notes at a time. I'd like something (at least 4-8 bars) a bit more substantial. Sorry!!!!

GREENMACHINE
October 12th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Hey Pie,
Ok, I have done it with just a dirty lead without slide. I can't do much with the slide because I have only had 1 half hour lesson, but I will try and work some other slide things out to add to it.

Many thanks for your feedback,
Cav

piebaldpython
October 12th, 2008, 06:48 AM
My $.02, but just record something of what you can do now, just so that it's only SLIDE. After ONE lesson, you shouldn't be the reincarnation of Duane Allman. :D But, since you play a nice lead, you obviously know where the NOTES are and just SLIDE off of that knowledge.

When you do re-post a SLIDE clip, I'd like to know a few things. First, what tuning you are in? Secondly, if you are using a pick or bare fingers or a combination thereof. If you are using metal or plastic fingerpicks, I'd like to know that too!! Lastly, what kind of slide are you using?

Good luck GREEN