PDA

View Full Version : Your Homepage

JLefty
June 8th, 2006, 07:49 AM
What do you use for your homepage. Do you change it often or keep it the same?

Tone2TheBone
June 8th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I used to have time for homepages but I work on so many others now that I never updated mine.

Myles
June 8th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I usually use Google Suggest as my homepage. Its still in the beta stages, but basically its like regular google with little suggestions on what you can search for and it'll help correct your spelling right away.

Check it out: Google Suggest (http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en)

Justaguyin_nc
June 10th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I use to enjoy making webpages back when this all was still infant as the WWW... learning html was not that hard because it seemed to be less feature intense.. have access to some cgi, perl etc and away you went to own the net.. One editor came out later called Homesite which was pretty darn good.. making framed pages and embedded docs and media pretty darn quick and easy.. it is now owned by Macromedia.. I don't know what people use anymore.. but it sure seems to have gotten easier with the available online tools used now adays...

I think my homepage fame of the net was one of, if not the "first" website to allow you to come click a light off and on while watching it on a webcam.. lol.. at the time it was neat.. I now know nothing of it all.. or how it happened.. like a bad dream..lol There are websites still running that I helped them figure it out at the start but probably much more advanced now.. again.. it was all neat then , but then so was 300 baud modems and dialup..at a time... ummm and most sites limited or had very little ADS to distract you..or give you G.A.S.

Myles
June 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM
The web definitely has changed a lot it seems, but in some ways stuff like geocities and anglefire we saw as juggernauts in the past now are replaced by similar ideas like blogger and myspace.

These days it really seems like there is this huge blogging trend and the struggle to use video, but not waste bandwidth doing it.