PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a bargain?

Radioboy950
October 14th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Have you guys ever scored a good deal on "B" stock merch...guitars with minor finish blems...that type of thing?

I see a lot of factory "seconds" offered for sale, and I'm just wondering if these instruments are rejected for poor quality all around...or is it usually a minor imperfection with the finish?

Spudman
October 14th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Plenty of B stocks have found their way into my stable. For some reason retailers are supposed to cull the merchandise with minor blemishes and mark them B Stock in spite of the fact that the instrument is superb in every other way.

Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer with a return policy. Rondo Music and Tim Maurey at Strings and Things are both first class retailers with B Stocks for sale and a great return policy.

Brian Krashpad
October 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I bought a Sovtek MiG 50H tube amp that was a "scratch and dent" from Musician's Friend once.

Great deal.

Still haven't figured out what was supposed to have been wrong with it.

Haven't bought a B-stock guitar but I have bought lots and lots of used ones. Occasionally even without a chance to play first. Been lucky with those latter so far. As long as there's a return policy, you should be fine.

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2008, 05:52 AM
You should find out about the manufacturer's policy regarding B-stock.

For some B-stock means minor blemishes that don't affect playability.

Andy
October 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I may be wrong ,but I suspect some offers are not actually flawed but something that online stores are trying to move.

I say this because I've seen certain models on the B stock or blemish list and there will be a quantity of them (sometimes offered in different finishes).
and it's usually a less popular model. kinda sneaky.

good deals to be had