PDA

View Full Version : New Bass Day: Spector Performer 4 DLX

marnold
October 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, you read that subject correctly. I posted in the Getting down to bassics (http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=101599&postcount=17) thread that I had seen a Spector Performer 4 DLX on eBay for a screaming price. Normally the MSRP is $549, sale price is $399, this was going for $179. The seller is The Perfect Bass, a shop out of LA that is a sponsor for the TalkBass forums. I've wanted a Spector since the 80s, but didn't think I'd be able to afford one. Granted, this is their low-end made-in-China version, but still. Basically it's new old stock.

I left Sunday afternoon to go to a pastors' conference, but put this one in My eBay. I checked the site on my PDA right about the time the auction was about to end. I bid on it and got it! Here's a link to the auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180297223886). It's got a basswood body with figured maple top in a see-through red color that I've always loved. It's got two EMG-SSD soapbars. The contact at The Perfect Bass is going to call me tomorrow morning to get my info.

Yeah! I'm going to be a bass player again! There goes my Christmas money a couple months early!

just strum
October 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Congrats - HNGD to you!!!

I guess that should be HNBD!!!

Robert
October 14th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Congrats! Now we need to hear some screaming bass solos from the Pastor!
:bravo:

Duff
October 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Marnold,

You will need a bass amp.

I suggest that you look at the new offering from Marshall that I got: the MB30 for 199 or the MB15 for less. They are incredible. Not advertizing for anyone.

The MB30 has a line out to the board or PA and would work prefect in church. You probably could just run it straight out. These are great amps and very portable. For less than two hundred.

The tone is incredible. Incredible versitality with two channels, clean and drive, manual compression with adjustable dial on the MB30, three voices with a level dial for the voices, boost, all sorts of neat things and they look GREAT with black amp covering and white caps on the knobs; looks awesome. Steel speaker grill for protection during portability and around children, careless people, accidents, etc.

Seriously dude, pastor, this is worth comparing and I think you will know what I mean. Plus if you get a five string later it will handle the low B; most small amps won't and probably a lot of the big ones. Just not designed for that low B wavelength.

Congrats on the bass. I know you have been wanting one. My inexpensive new Squire Affinity Jazz bass I bought sounds great and I picked up a really inexpensive used affinity P bass that sounds great but that I am going to hot rod.

I can feel the vibe of your excitement. Earth is not heaven but maybe this bass came from the road to heaven or is on the road to heaven or will get somebody else on the road to heaven. Sounds like more than coincidence. The hand of God may have reached in there dude . . . . .

Best wishes with the transaction and homecoming!

Duffy

Katastrophe
October 15th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Congrats, Rev. Rawk! That is a beautiful bass.:AOK:

You do realize of course that we're gonna have to change your nickname to "Rev. Rumble.":AOK:

bigoldron
October 15th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah! I'm going to be a bass player again! There goes my Christmas money a couple months early!

In the words of another jolly fat man, "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas!" Enjoy her Rev! :rockon:

duhvoodooman
October 15th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Very nice, Matt! And what a price!! :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

sunvalleylaw
October 15th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Very nice Matt! Congrats on the good score!

marnold
October 15th, 2008, 09:27 AM
You do realize of course that we're gonna have to change your nickname to "Rev. Rumble.":AOK:
I've been called worse things :)

Just got off the phone with the guy from The Perfect Bass about it. Hopefully I'll have a tracking number later today!

Brian Krashpad
October 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Wow, congrats!

Spectors are kinda "bassist's basses," if you know what I mean. Respected among bassists but not as well to guitarists as companies like Fender or Ric that do both guitars and basses.

Algonquin
October 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I can see it now... Reverand Rumble has GAS!

Congrats Bass Master Paster :AOK:

marnold
October 16th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Well, it got shipping out this afternoon. So fresh that FedEx doesn't even have a guesstimated delivery time. I figure Tuesday probably.

Wow, congrats!

Spectors are kinda "bassist's basses," if you know what I mean. Respected among bassists but not as well to guitarists as companies like Fender or Ric that do both guitars and basses.
Yep. Although Spector only relatively recently started making guitars. Spector basses were really popular in the late 80s. Ned Steinberger originally designed the body shape--thus the "NS" body. The company was sold to Kramer which owned it for about 5 years before going belly-up. Stuart Spector managed to win back the right to use his own name.

Even though I have nothing per se against the Jazz and Precision body styles, I'm really glad to have an NS. It is well known that my tastes in guitars can tend to be a little, erm, non-traditional. Some of the made-in-the-U.S. Spectors can be astronomically expensive. This one is low-end but has some high-end features.

Spudman
October 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Bbbbbbuuuuutttttt....it's only got 4 straings.:confused:

Congrats. Looks like we might have NGD on the same day next week except I'm getting two.

just strum
October 16th, 2008, 05:58 PM

Maybe we should take up a collection so he can purchase the missing strings. And if donations flow in, we'll make it a 12 string.

marnold
October 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
True, but if you'd weigh the strings, they weigh more than my six-string-set. I like to think of it as giving me a 33% less opportunity to suck. It does have 24 frets for all my Billy Sheehan tapping licks :) I actually thought about looking into a five-string but I think I'm a four-string guy. Six strings (on a bass) are right out. I'd need those Lee Press-On Finger Extensions just to play the thing, to say nothing of reinforcing my spine.

Congrats. Looks like we might have NGD on the same day next week except I'm getting two.
Oh sure, one-upsmanship (or is it one-UPS-manship).

The tracking info got updated. It's in Red Stick, LA, right now. They're saying it will be at my place on Monday! Huzzah! Guess who has Tuesday off! Guess who might be making a trip down to Green Bay to test some bass ampfs?

Duff
October 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Those new Marshalls are in the MF catalog. No advertizing just sharing because I like mine so much.

The MB60 w EC83 tube is 499 sixty watts.

The MB150 has a fifteen inch speaker and is 599.

Quite pricey. My little MB30 is really a great amp with a back panel having a line out, effects send and return, and footswitch jacks. 199. Nice little amp.

I also have a Fender Rumble 100 that is a neat heavy amp with some great tone, but inexpensive.

Good luck,

Duffy

KrisH
October 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Very sharp looking -- congratulations!

Brian Krashpad
October 17th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Maybe we should take up a collection so he can purchase the missing strings. And if donations flow in, we'll make it a 12 string.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/rockitcat/TomPetersson.jpg

marnold
October 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
That's just crazy, Krash. Evidently he's been hanging around Rick Nielsen too long. That's a four-string bass with two octave strings for each fundamental string. It probably needs four truss rods. Here's more info on that crazy beast (http://www.12stringbass.net/TomPetersson.htm).

KrisH
October 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Here's more info on that crazy beast (http://www.12stringbass.net/TomPetersson.htm).

Hey, I kinda LIKE the sound of those! Hmmmm . . . . . .

marnold
October 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM
More good news for my approaching bass: I did a little googling on TalkBass and apparently my Digitech EX-7 and CF-7 will work with my bass with a little tweaking. Once I get the bass I hope to do a little recording using my CF-7's amp modeling. I would think that if I set the speed and depth to the lowest setting, there would be only a minimal effect on the tone. Seems that way with my guitar anyway.

*edit* After playing with the pedal for a bit I discovered that with the cabinet modeling on, the pedal will do its modeling even if the effect is bypassed. Instant poor-man's bass ampf! I love multitaskers.

marnold
October 18th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Grr. According to FedEx, it is sitting in Green Bay, ready to be delivered on the next business day. Of course when I ordered my EX-7 that was shipped FedEx and for some reason was delivered on Saturday. Maybe there's hope. Of course, I've got a wedding to go to this afternoon (and, thankfully, not to perform) so maybe it's all for the best.

marnold
October 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Well, the Fed Ex man just dropped it off. Faster than you can say "pics or it didn't happen" here are the pics!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/semprini/SPzaABZzfoI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/k1vN_F7KElk/s400/img_2078.jpg
Full size version (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/u_5wZ0evvEbQiwBykOHwnA?authkey=l3UTP3bIRB4)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/semprini/SPzaAiYrdAI/AAAAAAAAAZY/d4h8VUy45_8/s400/img_2077.jpg
Full size version (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZxuuFMcyzeTs8TXu5KBE_A?authkey=l3UTP3bIRB4)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/semprini/SPzbM7C8ImI/AAAAAAAAAZg/yyoKNKqv9kU/s400/img_2079.jpg
Full size version (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XNYBXDVnL531U-G5T4V0cg?authkey=l3UTP3bIRB4)

The lighting isn't the best at this time of day, but it's close enough for government work. There are a couple very minor finish issues, but nothing worth quibbling about. I checked to make sure all the electronics worked. It's pretty well set up except that the intonation is a bit off. That's easy to fix. It seems fun to play, although I didn't want to play it too loud through my AD30VT. The neck pickup might be a tad muddy, but the bridge as a real Jazz-bass-like growl to it, except with a bit more oompf. The pickups seem a bit high, but nothing a screwdriver can't fix.

I'm going to take off the control plate and see how the wiring looks. None of the pots were scratchy or anything so I don't anticipate problems.

*Update* the wiring looks good. The pots are small Alphas. Unfortunately the ground solder covers the value of the pots. Since the EMG-SSD pickups are humbucking, my guess is that they are 500K.

warren0728
October 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
that is a great looking bass there rev! congrats.... :beer: :pancake:

ww

marnold
October 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Turns out I didn't need an intonation adjustment after all. Someone had lowered the saddles on the A, D, and G strings, apparently not realizing (or caring) that such an adjustment would affect the intonation. Raising the saddles back up not only got the intonation right but also fixed the little bit a fret buzz I had.

Duff
October 20th, 2008, 11:09 PM
That humbucking tone should be something like my Schector with the two EMG Hz pups with active electronics and neck thru body. It has beautiful round full tone with endless sustain without a pedal into my Fender Rumble 100, a mediocre amp, but great for me.

My new Squire Affinity Jazz bass also sounds incredibly smooth and round and has great sustain when played thru my Marshall. Have yet to plug that one into the Fender.

Tonight I'm playing my J bass and my Epiphone 1966, Sound of Rock, Gibson SG copy guitar and my first really good guitar, a Epiphone Les Paul Standard with birdseye maple top in deep wine finish with "hot rodded" Seymour Duncan pickups in it. The LP neck pup sound way more distinct and less muddy than the neck pup in the SG copy; but the stock neck pup in the SG has a great smooth tone, if not the distinctness of the SD "Jazz" neck pup that comes in the hot rodded set.

Both are great sounding guitars and sound different from each other but they both have very outstanding quality sound and craftsmanship. The LP comes from the "EE" plant and the SG comes from the "UC" plant. Both good plants I suspect. The SG is an Epiphone Custom Shop guitar, which is probably more than just a notation on the back of the headstock; although I have heard that is all it is. I doubt it though. It sounded better than five other SG epi's I compared it with when I picked it out for its feel and tone and sound. Tone and sound being way superior to the other four and that made the decision easier, plus I like the pickguard that goes all the way under the pups like on a strat rather than the teardrop pick guard and the pup rings. The SG is Cherry with excellent transparency and a high gloss finish and set neck. Awesome guitar.

I'm sure you will have some fun w that new bass, I know I am and I have heard it will make you a better guitar player.

I noticed that after setting the bass down and picking up the guitar that playing the guitar is a breeze, light and fast. I think the expansion into bass territory compliments the development of musical skill and the ear very well.

Duffy

marnold
October 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
OK, here's a quick pickup test. I think I'm going to have to raise the bridge pickup to keep its volume more consistent with the neck. You'll get the basic tonal differences. I played the main riff from Black Sabbath's "NIB" three times in each file. The first time is neck only, the second is neck and bridge, the third is bridge only. The first file is me playing with my fingers (plucking right over the neck pickup) the second is with a pick (plucking in between the neck pickup and the neck itself).

I'm having a bit of trouble with my fingers for obvious reasons. Instead of plucking up on the string, I sometimes slap is down on the fretboard. That sound has its uses, but not all the time. I'm also struggling to get a consistent volume.

These were recorded using the line out on my AD30VT using my Blackface settings.

NIB with my fingers (http://www.box.net/shared/qlex1udsbz)
NIB with a pick (http://www.box.net/shared/0qf2e1o9qd)

I think the bridge sounds better with my fingers and the neck sounds better with a pick.

marnold
October 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
One quick pickup height adjustment later, I think I've got the volume thing sorted out. I recorded some new clips, this time playing John McVie's excellent riff from the middle of Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain." Beyond that, all the procedures are the same as outlined in my previous post.

The Chain with my fingers (http://www.box.net/shared/1fkfm9ovtd)
The Chain with a pick (http://www.box.net/shared/dr01xkn25p)

Contrary to what I would have guessed, I'm thinking it sounds better with a pick right now. Either way, I've got to stop playing for a bit. My little fingers hurt.

marnold
October 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Here's a more in-depth review of this bass. The Performer series was made for Spector in China from 2004-2006. I believe this one is from 2005. The body is three-piece basswood with a very thin flame maple veneer on top to add some interest (the maple top is what makes it a "DLX"). The cherry red finish is translucent and very sexy IMO. The body is basically the Spector NS shape. I say "basically" because it is flat with a tummy cut unlike the more typical curved/carved NS body. I'm sure this was done to cut costs. There are two passive EMG-SSD (Stuart Spector Design) humbuckers, each with its own tone and volume controls. The bridge is unique to the Performer series. It seems like it has more mass than a typical MIM bridge, but it is somewhat harder to adjust intonation.

The maple neck has a black matte finish and is held firmly in place by five bolts and has the distinctive Spector headstock. The size of the neck is similar to a Precision bass neck (1.645" width at the nut and 2.065" at the 12th fret). The machine heads have the look I prefer and seem to do their job adequately. The rosewood fingerboard has 24 frets and is surprisingly flat for a bass: 16" radius. The fret wire is somewhat smaller than I anticipated. I would call it vintage sized. I don't know what the nut material is but I would guess it's plastic, although it might be graphite. It seems to be cut well and there is no binding.

As I mentioned before it needed a little tweaking when I got it but there was nothing major. I'm letting it rest before I decide if it needs a slight trussrod tweak. The bass is well-balanced on my lap. I haven't tried it with a strap yet. My fingers are figuring out how to navigate the 34" scale neck which of course looks massive next to my 25.5" scale guitars.

Fit and finish are far nicer on this bass than on my Floyd Rose guitar. There are a couple very minor finish dings that came from it staying in the store for several years. The neck fits perfectly in the pockets and notes resonate throughout. The frets could probably use a bit of polishing, but there is absolutely no fret sprout at all. The pickups are fine, nothing spectacular but nothing that I have any great desire to replace. The neck almost has a Precision feel to it while the bridge as a Jazz-on-steroids feel. I lowered the neck and raised the bridge to match their output better and to allow for easier playing. The pots, as mentioned before, are small Alphas and seem to be soldered neatly.

I've been playing a bunch of low-end basses lately, figuring that's what I was going to end up with. This Spector beats them all by a long shot. It should, since it was originally selling for $399. It's a steal and a half at $179. I would even say that I liked it better than the MIMs that I played. The Spector has that sweet NS body shape that is both traditional and non-traditional at the same time. While the EMG-SSD pickups are just OK, they are better than what I heard on low-end Ibanezes, Deans, Peaveys, etc.

Long and short: I'm very pleased with my purchase. I'll be even more pleased when I can swing a bass ampf so I can crank this puppy and shake the windows.

marnold
October 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
From a playing standpoint I'm having a very hard time playing with my first two fingers. The main problem is the lack of flesh on the "tip" of my index finger. Nothing I can do about that. My skills with a pick have improved dramatically. I saved a couple of Fender Extra Heavy picks--the only bass gear I saved. However, I'd prefer to use my fingers. I'm trying to teach myself to play with my pinkie since it's the only intact finger on that hand besides my thumb. When supported with my ring finger I can even do some pseudo-alternate-picking. That keeps my thumb free for slapping or in "claw" formation for playing octaves, etc. It'll probably be awhile before I can teach my pinkie to do any popping, but I'm used to using it for hybrid picking already on guitar so some of the mental gymnastics have already been figured out.

Katastrophe
October 22nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Great looking and sounding bass, marnold. The neck joint looks sturdy. I don't think it's going anywhere! I like the sound better when you play with your fingers.

Could you wrap 'em with tape to add an extra layer or two?

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2008, 02:30 AM
That thing is huge!

Awesome tone as well, I really like the NIB with a pick clip..

marnold
October 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Great looking and sounding bass, marnold. The neck joint looks sturdy. I don't think it's going anywhere! I like the sound better when you play with your fingers.

Could you wrap 'em with tape to add an extra layer or two?
The problem is that I really have to be able to feel the string. I was messing with the pinkie-and-thumb technique last night and there is some merit to it. I'm going to work on it some more. I also should get a new set of Boomers for this. First I've got to get a set of calipers and see what the gauge of these strings are because I like the feel.

marnold
October 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
OK, here are more clips, same as above, except using my pinkie to play everything. The main thing I have problems with is the droning on the E string on "The Chain." I basically have to alternate pick with my pinkie which is hard to do with consistent timing and volume.

Also even though you can't tell from the clips, "The Chain" was substantially louder since I'm playing on the lower two strings as opposed to "NIB" which is on the upper two strings. I raised the treble side of both pickups to compensate somewhat.

NIB with my pinkie (http://www.box.net/shared/iyof52jf41)
The Chain with my pinkie (http://www.box.net/shared/v5sc681zpy)

marnold
November 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Today I took off the old (probably original from 2005) strings and put on a set of Rotosound Swingbass 66's .045-.105 on there. While the old strings were off I cleaned up a couple of frets and gave the fretboard a little lemon oil. Much nicer now.

The original strings were probably an oddball set. I got a calipers and measured them at .045, .055, .080, and less than .100 (probably .095-.098). Besides being old and dead with some weird spots in places, I also felt that the low E string in particular was missing that "thump" that rattles window frames. The .105 took care of that for sure. Now I'm going to let it rest for a day or two. I'm sure it's going to need a bit of a trussrod tweak and perhaps some string height and intonation adjustments. While I like the action very low on my guitars, I don't mind higher action on my bass. Those low notes have to have plenty of room to breathe.

Duff
November 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you are getting into that bass Marnold.

I always like to put new strings on even new guitars and have noticed mega differences.

I have always like rotosounds and might get some rotosound flatwounds for my affinity Jazz bass or my P bass. Might get some Chromes though or something else. I heard that the bass strings with the most nickel in them sound the fullest and smoothest. The stainless and chrome ones sound brighter and more cutting.

What type of minister are you if you don't mind me asking. I realize this can be difficult to answer, but you don't seem to sound like a Catholic one, but then there are Baptist's and independent Baptists, and all the other organizations. Some are unaffilliated with any organized church hierarchy.

Just wondering what type of religious group you might be closely or semi closely related to. In all respect I hope you are not offended in my wondering in any way.

I am a Christian and believe in God and think spiritual songs can gain tonality and sound enhancement that comes from your soul and who knows, maybe even God or God's musical director, if he has one. Lol.

So many muscians accredit their success and inspiration to God, even Chuck Berry mentions this idea in that great documentary about himself that he did a few years back that Keith Richards is in and takes place at Chuck's place around Saint Louis.

Do you ever meditate on God and ask for inspiration when you are playing free style rythmic grooves? I do sometimes and am working on a song called, "Blues at Gethsemanie". The idea is that Jesus had the blues at Gethsemanie, shortly before his execution, and where he came to know that the deed was about to go down. This song as being developed by me has a beat and rythym based loosely on the type of blues form that is followed in the song performed by Joe Cocker, Van Morrison, and others called, "Saint James Infirmary", an awesome blues song. Are you familiar with it. If not it's worth checking out. Especially with you being a minister. It's heavy.

Louis Armstrong performing, "Saint James Infirmary":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvr7nkd_IJM

Dr. John, Matt Rebenack and David Sanborn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1m9JZBOfzU

aka Jack":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsmLob2MMGY

Eric Clpton and Dr. John:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJA21UmUquI

Danny Barker, awesome classic style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hek2KQcD8_M

Cab Calloway video, improvised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAmxXrjVVsM

Several different grooves, all really nice I think, check one or two out if you so desire.

Duffy

marnold
November 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm WELS: Wisconsin Synod Lutheran. We're about as conservative as possible. Martin Luther had many things to say about music, calling it the greatest gift of God next to theology. I'd agree with him on that. I guess with regard to thinking about God, I do that more while singing than when playing--mainly because my brain is working overtime just to play 1/2 way decently :)

surfib2000
September 1st, 2010, 09:41 AM
is there any way you can photo it and post it (cause i'm not sure the new bought used spector bass has been fiddled with it, it hummms)

spector tried to help but couldn't provide wiring diags.:dude

marnold
September 1st, 2010, 10:50 AM
is there any way you can photo it and post it (cause i'm not sure the new bought used spector bass has been fiddled with it, it hummms)

spector tried to help but couldn't provide wiring diags.:dude
You mean like I did in this post (http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=102769&postcount=23)? I've got several pictures there, although now I no longer have either of those guitars and the amp has gone to my son. Still have the bass, though.

If you mean post a picture of the control cavity, I don't think it will help you much. I have it in front of me and it is hard to follow. the pots are small and easily obscured by the wires.

Does the hum go away when you touch the strings? I'd check to make sure everything was grounded properly first.

marnold
September 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM
OK, because I'm such a nice guy, I opened it up to try to get a decent shot of the wiring for you.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_OT7l0dXu4To/TH6H1IzpAII/AAAAAAAABBU/ysestWcyJ1Q/s800/IMG_0869.JPG

Some of the details are obscured, so I'll try to describe it for you as well. The red coated wire contains the leads for the neck pickup. The black one has the ones for the bridge pickup. All the pots, the bridge, and the jack are grounded to the neck volume pot, except for the bridge tone control which is grounded to the bridge volume pot and then to the neck volume pot. As you look at the picture, the neck volume is on the left, the neck tone is on the bottom, the bridge volume is on the top, and the bridge tone is on the right.

I can't tell what color the ground wire(s) are from the pickups because they are covered with electrical tape. The "hot" lead is white. The hot lead is soldered to the middle lug on their respective volume pot. That middle lug is also wired to the respective tone pot. The ground(s) from the pickups are grounded to the back of the volume pot, along with the right lug (if you consider the lugs to be on the "bottom" of the pot). The left lug of both volume pots are wired together with a yellow wire. The left lug of the neck volume pot is also wired to the hot lead to the jack.

The tone pots are wired with the lead from the volume pot coming into the middle lug on the tone pot. The right lug of the tone pot is soldered to the cap which is grounded to the back of the pot. For what it's worth, the caps say "2A683J" which makes them .068uF caps.

Hope this makes sense. FWIW, the nut driver is only in the picture to keep the leads from the pickup to the side so you can see the wiring more clearly. My educated guess is that these are two-lead pickups with the white being hot and the black being ground. Without unsoldering it and stripping the leads further, I won't know. I don't plan on finding out either.