PDA

View Full Version : I may be selling stuff - are these prices reasonable?

Robert
October 15th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thinking about ways to raise funds for a Suhr. From my inventory, I think I could sell all this stuff below. I made quick estimates - are the prices reasonable?

Cool Cat Drive 20
PB J Delay 30
DOD DFX91 40
Ibanez TL 5 25
Bad Monkey 25
Chicken Salad 15
DOD FX80B 25
DOD FX64 Chorus 20
Squier '51 150
Vox AD50VT 280
SX Strat 75
Squier Strat 90
Fender Deluxe Players 450

Total funds: 1245

Tone2TheBone
October 15th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I don't see a Cool Cat Tremolo in there. That one should be for $20 as well and I'll get it from you.

just strum
October 15th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I didn't expect to see the VOX, I think it is a fair asking price.

Spudman
October 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I don't see the Arion Chorus. I'd give you $35 for that.
You are too low on the Players Strat and maybe the Squier Strat. What model is it?

Robert
October 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
No way I am selling my Arion Chorus! It's one of my favorite pedals. Same with the Cool Cat Tremolo - it's a keeper!

The Squier Strat is an old Mexican guitar. From the mid-90s I think. Deluxe Players Strat - $500?

sumitomo
October 15th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Heck now I see your for sale list and I know what your keeping so I know what to look at to buy now.Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
October 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Prices look pretty reasonable overall. But what strikes me is that this is the risk you take when you pick up that one "magic" guitar that you just have to own after trying it. There's gear there that "made your rep", Robert--the '51, the AD50VT, the Player's Strat--and it seems like a shame to give it up, even for a great instrument.

I gotta make sure I never pick up a $3,000 dream guitar and try it out. Those things are DANGEROUS!!! :eek:

Spudman
October 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Mexican Squiers are around $145-$185 in good shape. They only made them for a short time and are regarded as some to be as good as MIM Standards from the same era.

Robert
October 15th, 2008, 11:28 AM
DVM, I think my "fame" from the cheap stuff came and went. Most of these cheapies you can't even buy anymore. Onto new and exciting stuff, I say!

bigoldron
October 15th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Mexican Squiers are around $145-$185 in good shape. They only made them for a short time and are regarded as some to be as good as MIM Standards from the same era.

Are you talking about the Squier Strat?

Robert, is there a picture of the SS? I might be interested - but I'm like you, I have to sell something first.

Robert
October 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Yep, it's this one
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/squier-Strat.jpg

Are you talking about the Squier Strat?

Robert, is there a picture of the SS? I might be interested - but I'm like you, I have to sell something first.

Gil Janus
October 15th, 2008, 11:59 AM
The prices look reasonable to me. But what do I know :thwap:

I'd buy the Bad Monkey - it's on my short GAS list :dude:

Gil :cool:

bigoldron
October 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Yep, it's this one
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/squier-Strat.jpg

Ooh, nice! I especially like that it's got the rosewood neck. I'm not a big fan of maple necks. I assume she plays great since I know you wouldn't have it any other way!

I'm sending you an email about this.

sunvalleylaw
October 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
The prices look reasonable to me. But what do I know :thwap:

I'd buy the Bad Monkey - it's on my short GAS list :dude:

Robert's Bad Monkey, a known quantity, is a good deal at $25. You can get others for that price, but this one is known. You should do it. :)

The rest seems reasonable to me, and I would listen to Spud on the guitars. He would know.

M29
October 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
There is a whole bunch of mojo in Roberts stuff, can't put a price on that. Maybe some will rub off:dude:

ShortBuSX
October 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Id be interested in that Squier Strat if Bigolron isnt gonna take it.

bigoldron
October 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Id be interested in that Squier Strat if Bigolron isnt gonna take it.

I'm waiting to hear from Robert now. I guess you could say "we're in negotiations". It looks like a really sweet axe! :AOK:

Gil Janus
October 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Robert's Bad Monkey, a known quantity, is a good deal at $25. You can get others for that price, but this one is known. You should do it. :)

The rest seems reasonable to me, and I would listen to Spud on the guitars. He would know.

Robert and I discussing this. :)

Spudman
October 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
The Squier looks like a 91. Is it?

Robert
October 15th, 2008, 02:11 PM
91? What the heck do I know? Actually, I think it's from 1931. Really vintage you know - so how about them bids now? :D :D :D

Jimi75
October 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
The prices look very reasonable. :bravo:

Tone2TheBone
October 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
You could also sell the parts separately on the Deluxe Players Strat and make a killing. Sell the neck, body, pickguard w/electronics all separate.

duhvoodooman
October 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
There is a whole bunch of mojo in Roberts stuff, can't put a price on that. Maybe some will rub off
The mojo is in Robert, not his stuff. And, sadly, it won't rub off! Contrary to what the music gear makers & sellers will tell you, mojo can't be bought--it must be earned. Blood, sweat & tears, not $$....

just strum
October 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Did anyone take the title of the thread into account? I read a couple of "I'm getting...", "I want..."

I may be selling stuff - are these prices reasonable?

Maybe he is selling, but that's not the way it is presented.

sunvalleylaw
October 15th, 2008, 04:04 PM
The mojo is in Robert, not his stuff. And, sadly, it won't rub off! Contrary to what the music gear makers & sellers will tell you, mojo can't be bought--it must be earned. Blood, sweat & tears, not $$....

Dang it! :thwap: :rotflmao:

sumitomo
October 15th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Did anyone take the title of the thread into account? I read a couple of "I'm getting...", "I want..."

I may be selling stuff - are these prices reasonable?

Maybe he is selling, but that's not the way it is presented.

Strum take it easy buddy,you know how it is when you get the jones for something.Sumi:D

just strum
October 15th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Strum take it easy buddy,you know how it is when you get the jones for something.Sumi:D

I have no problem, just pointing out that it appears he is "thinking" about it. This GAS may pass too.

sumitomo
October 15th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Naw I think ol Robert is jones in' like a junkie needin' a fix.Sumi:D can you say Suhr!oh the feel of that sweet neck,do I hear a twenty spot for the bad monkey,monkey I gots a Suhr monkey on my back,I hear a song comming.

just strum
October 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Naw I think ol Robert is jones in' like a junkie needin' a fix.Sumi:D can you say Suhr!oh the feel of that sweet neck,do I hear a twenty spot for the bad monkey,monkey I gots a Suhr monkey on my back,I hear a song comming.

I think Robert is saying "I Suhr am hurting for a new guitar!!!"

sumitomo
October 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I think Robert is saying "I Suhr am hurting for a new guitar!!!"

I'm a guitar junkie and I approve this message!Sumi:D:rockon:

The_Shredinator21
October 19th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Well the prices on everything seems ok, but i would bump up the strat prices a little bit.

player
October 19th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Man you guys are killin me - put the plastic away -put the plastic away:thwap: :thwap: far away :D