PDA

View Full Version : A quick introduction...

skewedsound
October 17th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Hi there everyone,
SkewedSound here. I'm a long-time lurker, but have finally decided to get involved in what seems to be a friendly community.
Anyway, heres a little about me. I am 23, and have been playing since I was 10, and completely self-taught up until a month or two ago. I decided to get a few lessons just to help me with the theory side of things, and also help me nail a few technical things that I had always dodged when trying to teach myself. Anyway, I luckily managed to find an excellent teacher in Zeno Roth, who has helped me progress far faster than I had ever expected.
I live in Wales in the UK, and am currently working with a new group, 'Beta Point' (http://www.myspace.com/betapointband).
I own a few different axes, but my main instrument is a 2005 Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline. I play with as many effects as I can get my sweaty mitts on, but once again there are a couple of trusty old friends such as the Zvex Fuzz Factory, Tremolo Probe, Digitech Whammy, and of course a EHX Muff thrown in for good measure.
I hope to expand my mind, knowledge and also of course my playing ability while I'm here. And I'm quite sure that I'm going to enjoy myself.
Thanks for a great community!
SkewedSound

araT
October 17th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Skewedsound! welcome aboard! :)

tunghaichuan
October 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Welcome to The Fret. This is a great group of people. :dude:

tung

Strat Vader
October 17th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Welcome to The Fret!

warren0728
October 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
welcome skewedsound....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Welcome!

Robert will probably ask a lot about the Tremolo Probe.. he LOVES probes ;)

Robert
October 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Welcome! Yeah, that tremolo probe, is it alien? :D

skewedsound
October 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome! Yeah, that tremolo probe, is it alien? :D

Hey there. Sadly, it's not quite alien, but it does give one hell of a nice killswitch-type effect 'a-la-Morello'. It's not quite been used in the same way as the old 'alien probes', but I'm sure with my current obsession with practising 6-hours-a-day and constantly running through sweeped arpeggios, my neighbours would love to!

Algonquin
October 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Ah man... here we go with Rob and his Alien fixation again :thwap:

Anyways... Welcome to the Fret!
Cheers :beer:

ted s
October 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Welcome Skewedsound !

SuperSwede
October 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Ah man... here we go with Rob and his Alien fixation again :thwap:

They ARE here! Here is some evidence, they even brought their own beer!

http://web.mit.edu/~tcarlile/www/images/blog/350uforasp.jpg

duhvoodooman
October 18th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Skewed! Happy to have you with us. If you need some more pedals, don't be shy about asking! :AOK: :dude:

oldguy
October 18th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Welcome to TheFret! Glad you joined us here.
I have also heard of sound being skewed by beer drinking aliens...

Tone2TheBone
October 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the Fret man. :)

Brian Krashpad
October 20th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Croeso Patrick!

Good to have some youth here to balance us oldtimers.

scgmhawk
October 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Welcome, Skewed, and Cheers! :beer:

skewedsound
October 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Croeso Patrick!

Good to have some youth here to balance us oldtimers.

Croeso! I'm originally from England, but living in Wales for a few years so yes have managed to pick up a bit of the ol' lingo.

The 'oldtimers' are the main reason I've stayed around here and been a bit of a lurker. I really do appreciate people sharing their experiences, and I see a lot less arrogance in the 'seasoned guitarist'. :rockon:

@DuhVoodooMan - I will definitely be asking a lot about some pedals soon. I have truly become a bit of an obsessive with effects, and am currently looking for a nice delay, smooth reverb and of course a ring modulator's always fun! I checked out some of your pedals and they are pretty darn cool! :AOK: