PDA

View Full Version : washburn d10s

warren0728
October 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
ok....there is a washburn d10s with a hardshell case on craigslist....can you washburn folks fill me in....i think it has a solid spruce top...what about the back and sides....are they solid or laminate....anything else i should know about this guitar....

ww

just strum
October 17th, 2008, 09:31 PM
A few here I believe have them. The D10 series is regarded as good bang for the buck - how much are they asking?

new, with case they are selling for $300

Solid Spruce Top
Mahogany sides/back - laminate
Mahogany neck with trussrod
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
Black pickguard
Stained mahogany/buffed gloss neck
Chrome die cast Grover style tuning machine
Multi lam top binding
Neck binding
New diamond inlaid marquetry rosette
Left handed (D10SLH, D10SCELH)
List Price: $549.90
D10SLH List Price: $599.90
Case: GC110 included

warren0728
October 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
she's asking $75 including the case....

i asked her the condition and this is her reply....

the guitar is in good condition, I got it in 2003 and it was played for about a year and has been in the case ever since. I don't see any scratches or dents, it only needs strings.

ww

just strum
October 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
she's asking $75 including the case....

i asked her the condition and this is her reply....

the guitar is in good condition, I got it in 2003 and it was played for about a year and has been in the case ever since. I don't see any scratches or dents, it only needs strings.

ww

buy it. If you are looking for an inexpensive guitar, I would grab it. The case is worth almost that much. Even if it has some dings, who cares, it's not a collectors item. I bought that Epi for $60 and it has dings, but it plays good.

warren0728
October 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
yeah....i think i am going to meet her tomorrow morning....emailing back and forth with her now....

ww

just strum
October 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
yeah....i think i am going to meet her tomorrow morning....emailing back and forth with her now....

ww

E-mail Shiner or CB, they have at least one D10, maybe a D10S. I know Shiner thinks it's a great guitar for the price. If I recall correctly, they use to sell for $180 to $210 without a case and they may have started as all laminate bodies.

warren0728
October 17th, 2008, 10:23 PM
E-mail Shiner or CB, they have at least one D10, maybe a D10S. I know Shiner thinks it's a great guitar for the price. If I recall correctly, they use to sell for $180 to $210 without a case and they may have started as all laminate bodies.
just emailed shiner....i'm going to meet her tomorrow around noon....i figure it's hard to go wrong for $75....will try to get it cheaper first of course! :pancake:

ww

SuperSwede
October 18th, 2008, 12:22 AM
just emailed shiner....i'm going to meet her tomorrow around noon....i figure it's hard to go wrong for $75....will try to get it cheaper first of course! :pancake:

ww

Might I dare to ask if you are planning to wear your pancake chef outfit (a.k.a the pancake emperors new clothes) ? :D

warren0728
October 18th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Might I dare to ask if you are planning to wear your pancake chef outfit (a.k.a the pancake emperors new clothes) ? :D
that might not be a bad idea....might get a better deal that way!! :pancake: :pancake:

ww

evenkeel
October 18th, 2008, 08:22 AM
warren,
$75 w/case that's a great deal.

I don't own a D-10 but have played a few. Very nice sound. Solid top, lam sides and back. Even at a street price of around $300, new, it's a pretty good deal.

wingsdad
October 18th, 2008, 08:40 AM
The D10S is an excellent value. :AOK: Considering that the hardshell case alone is worth at least $40-50, then the guitar is in the bundle for what amounts to $25-$35. :thwap: That's just silly. Take it.

warren0728
October 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
well....i can't get a hold of the seller now....left a message on her cell and emailed her.... :thwap:

ww

just strum
October 18th, 2008, 10:19 AM
well....i can't get a hold of the seller now....left a message on her cell and emailed her.... :thwap:

ww

She's probably sexually abusing a potential customer, don't worry, your next.

Kazz
October 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I have had 3 D10s D10S D10QSB and D10SCEB and all 3 were great....still kicking myself for selling the 94 D10S I should have kept that one.

warren0728
October 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
well so far the seller hasn't contacted me....not sure why....i left a phone message and an email and so far nothing....last night we had agreed to meet today.... :confused:

ww

SuperSwede
October 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
well so far the seller hasn't contacted me....not sure why....i left a phone message and an email and so far nothing....last night we had agreed to meet today.... :confused:

ww

uh oh... dont bring your wallet to your next date with this gal. :whatever:

M29
October 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Do it Do it:rockon:

I have a 10SCEB and love it but I got mine for 15 dollas.:D

warren0728
October 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM
well....she never got back to me today....only thing i can figure is sometime between midnight last night and 11am this morning she sold it....would have been nice if she could have at least dropped me a quick email to let me know.... :confused:

ww

luvmyshiner
October 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
That sucks Warren. But don't give up. I was surprised to see how pricey these little guitars are now when you emailed me yesterday. But keep your eyes open. There are a lot of used ones out there.

warren0728
October 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM
That sucks Warren. But don't give up. I was surprised to see how pricey these little guitars are now when you emailed me yesterday. But keep your eyes open. There are a lot of used ones out there.
yeah....even though i wasn't really in the market for another acoustic...when i saw the d10s and had set up a possible meeting to look at it i got excited.... :confused:

ww

just strum
October 19th, 2008, 08:08 AM
yeah....even though i wasn't really in the market for another acoustic...when i saw the d10s and had set up a possible meeting to look at it i got excited.... :confused:

ww

Hey, you never know, maybe there was something that took priority over selling a guitar. It's not a "no deal" yet.

Lev
October 20th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I bought one new a few months ago and absolutley love it. Hopefully she gets back to you - sounds like a great deal.

The_Shredinator21
October 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
It's the greatest acoustic, get it!:AOK:

warren0728
October 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM
she never got back to me....after we had set up a time for me to call her to meet....never answered my calls or emails.... :confused:

BluesHowler
October 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Check out this used Washburn D10S http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=652796 I'm very tempted to sell my Fender Rumble 100 bass amph to buy this one.