PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Strat Bridge Pickup With CS 69s

Teleblaster
October 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hey Guys

My first build is just about finished. USACG neck, gorgeous Fender Deluxe Player Ash 3TS body that weighs in at 4lbs and I cannot find any seems on, Glendale Chimemaster bridge and CS 69 pickups. I finally got the action setup and it is a blast so far. :dude:

The bridge pickup sounds pretty good but I really want it to cut through the mix a bit more so I would like to try a Seymour Duncan Nashville Studio. Just a reminder, the CS 69 pickups do NOT have a RWRP mid. Duncans are wound in the opposite polarity of Fender.

Is it as simple as just switching the leads when I solder it in?

Even though the CS 69s do not have a RWRP mid. They seem to get rid of quite a bit of hum in the 2nd and 4th positions. Will I lose this if I install the Duncan?

Thanks a bunch

Katastrophe
October 18th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Teleblaster, I can't answer your pickup question, but you need to post pics of that Telemonster, and quick!:D

Teleblaster
October 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I switched the wires and it worked fine. I will post pics soon! Oh, it is a Strat (for the most part) :)

Teleblaster
October 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Here's my first partscaster. Took forever to get it dialed in but it plays great now! I cannot figure out how to get the image to show, it just puts a link to it. :confused:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2956930416_92bee539df.jpg