PDA

View Full Version : Hello, fellow fretters!

kerc
June 8th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I'm a 34 year-old (35 this month...ugh) IT consultant who thinks that he can play guitar. I'm married and have a 9 year-old son and a 2 year-old daughter.

I started on guitar at 27, out of pure boredom. I bought a book, a Hamer Slammer DA3 Strat replica, and a Vox AC-1 amp. I still have those with me! So it's been a rocky road, learning by myself, but it's been a lot of fun too!

My current gear includes:

2000 MIM Fender Telecaster
2005 Squier '51
1998 Danelectro 56-U2
1999 SX SLP Jr
1960's Danelectro Convertible
1970's Kay K2
Amptramp BF-10 custom tube amp
Vox Pathfinder 15 SS amp
1970's Yamaha TA-20 SS amp
Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah
Fat Boy Fuzz
Boss DS-1
Johnson J-Station

And other odds and ends...I play mostly blues, punk, or both at the same time.

:DR

blogan
June 8th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Hey, kerc! Welcome to the Fret. I think you're going to like it around here. (Though you're not going to get a lot of sympathy about your age. Many of us around have a few years on you, me included. :rolleyes:)

You have a lot of gear. Which do you find you use the most?

Tim
June 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Welcome Kerc. Don't worry about you age. We will switch the numbers around and you will fit in nicely.

SuperSwede
June 8th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the fret net, its a great place to be.... Watch out for the naked pancake man however!

duhvoodooman
June 8th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I play mostly blues, punk, or both at the same time.
What a coincidence! I play pretty punk blues, too! :D

Welcome, Kerc!

kerc
June 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

blogan - I mostly play the '51 or the Tele,through the Pathfinder. I have them on stands on my living room (bless my wife!) so that when I wanna noodle for a while, I just plug in and go!

Tim - Hehehe, actually, age is just a number! ;)

SuperSwede - Pancake man? :O

duhvoodoman - We could share ideas eventually...I've been a little rusty lately!

Robert
June 8th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Welcome, kerch, you are '51 and tele man like myself, what a coincidence!

Enjoy TheFret.Net, you youngster!

SuperSwede
June 8th, 2006, 12:14 PM
kerc, you can always search the forum and you´ll see what I mean....

Iago
June 8th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I guess I`m the baby here.. hehehe

Welcome Kerc!!

kerc
June 9th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks guys! Hey, Robert, Teles and 51s are just great axes. I also dig Strats a lot...I guess I'm a Fender guy 101%.

:D

oldguy
June 11th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Welcome, blues punkster Kerc! Always glad to have youngsters around. I've learned more from pickers showing me what they've "just learned" than you'd ever imagine. :D

Fatboy
September 5th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Hi,
I would love to see a pic of your Fat Boy Fuzz. I built several units and have lost contact with its users. email me dfalgout1@cox.net Thanks
Dave

Fatboy
September 5th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I built Fat boys a few years ago. I would love to see a pic. I have lost touch with its users. dfalgout1@cox.net Thanks
Dave