PDA

View Full Version : Fall in my neighborhood....

duhvoodooman
October 18th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Below are two photos I took earlier this morning in my neighborhood here in upstate NY. I was up early to drop my son off at the high school to take his PSAT's, so when I got home, I grabbed the camera and went out for these.

The first (which is all I set out to take) is a shot of a sugar maple in it's full fall splendorific "coat of many colors". I noticed this tree on my way to work every morning this past week, with the rising sun shining on it. Breathtakingly gorgeous:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/7448f9db989f8e6.jpg

The second shot was unplanned, but as I was walking back to the house, I couldn't help but chuckle and take a shot. This is the front lawn of our neighbors three doors down. The lady of the house, "Mrs. P", is a holiday decoration maniac. And as crazy as she goes on Christmas, her biggest single undertaking every year is Halloween. She does this completely by herself. Her husband stays inside the house, looking out the front window and shaking his head. The graveyard gets bigger every year, with a couple more "tenants" added:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/7448f9db98c8e32.jpg

Robert
October 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Nice fall photo, as for the graveyard lard lady - she needs to start building amps or something to make better use of all that extra time on her hands!

Algonquin
October 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Great shots DVM... and an awesome job by Mrs P! The kids in the neighborhood are lucky to have someone go to this extent.

Halloween Rocks! :rockon:

Kazz
October 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Mrs P is ok in my book.

Andy
October 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
....looks like a gothic yard sale, heh

it's still spring-like here.. but I'll take some pics when the leaves start changing, we have two maples in the front yard that turn into fireballs.

hubberjub
October 18th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Looks about the same as it does here in Binghamton.

warren0728
October 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
it's 85 degrees here....gonna get down to a chilly 63 degrees tonight....

ww

duhvoodooman
October 18th, 2008, 03:06 PM
it's 85 degrees here....gonna get down to a chilly 63 degrees tonight....

ww
Geez, if it gets much colder, you'll have to change to your flannel plaid shorts....

Tone2TheBone
October 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Agreed. That Mrs. P. rocks. That decorated front yard is awesome!