PDA

View Full Version : AD30 out - POD 2 in?

Mr Grumpy
October 19th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Soon I'll have my hands on the Peavey Nano valve which sounds great for home practice (plenty enough clean volume - as loud as the AD30 at home) and thinking of expanding its capabilities by also having a 1x12 cab for it. I have a selection of pedals too. If I do this space will be an issue so I was thinking of selling the AD30 and getting a POD 2 (cant stretch to an XT) for headphone use (which is most of the time), running into the nano valve and also into the CD in on my marshall MB15. I tend to use my toneport most times for practice but sometimes get a little fed up with fiddling around on screen. Dont really like the pocket pod.

Is this a sensible course of action or am I just bored on a damp miserable sunday and need some GAS stimulation?

warren0728
October 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
i have never used a pod but i have a rp250 and it is great for headphone use, and also sounds pretty good in front of my valve jr.

the x-edit software you can get for it (for free) makes it incredibly easy to use....

ww

Mr Grumpy
October 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Been thinking, and Im not going to do it. For one thing I cant be bothered going through the rigmarole of selling it, I do like the sounds out of the vox and I use the toneport so Ive got PC modelling/recording noodling covered (again when I can be bothered). I might upgrade the speaker and fit a breakout connection on the back of the vox enabling me to either run the vox out to a larger cab if needed or run the peavey IN to the vox speaker (i.e use it as a cab in its own right). I should be trying to actually play better rather than messing with gadgets...............but again at the minute Im a little fed up and depressed and when that strikes, I just dont play. It usually passes.

Mr Grumpy
November 7th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Well, I changed my mind again. Sold the AD30 and got one of the latest model pod 2 (which takes the FBV footswitch). Circumstances had a lot to do with this as sadly my wife and I are separating and I am moving into a small apartment so amps arent the best idea really. Pod and headphones for the foreseeable I think, though I'll keep hold of the Nanovalve and my pedals for a while longer. The Pod ticks all the boxes I need right now