PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Head

Algonquin
October 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.teenagehead.ca/

To just say I was a huge fan of this band back in the 80's would be an understatement... I lived and breathed this straight up - high output rock and roll! 'Frantic City' will always be one of my all time favourite albums. If I ever need to pick myself up I just play along to one of ther tunes and I've got an instant grin from ear to ear. They recently started touring again and from the clips I thought that the vocals were lacking. Well, it turns out the Frankie Venom (Kerr) was battling throat cancer and passed just after Thankgiving.

Disgusteen, Infected, Picture My Face, Let's Shake... All near and dear to me.

Thanks for listening

5LkD57dzGnU

t_ross33
October 20th, 2008, 09:40 PM
"Frantic City" was my intro to punk. I wore that cassette (yeah, I said it - cassette) out and it was a staple at many a house and bush party. Anyone who has to ask what a bush party is needs to come to Saskatchewan :D:beer:

Sad to see Frank go, especially from something as sh%tty as cancer. A flaming motorcycle wreck with one finger in the air would seem more appropriate, but that's how it goes.

The music lives on, if only here in the Great White North. Do yourselves a favour and check out some Teenage Head. You won't be disappointed.

RIP Frankie RIP :dude:

Brian Krashpad
October 21st, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'm not in the Great White North, but am a fan, though I don't know enough about them or have as much of their music as I'd like.

The original bassist in a band I was in in the early 90's was into them. She had covered Picture My Face, and gave me a copy of her band's version. Iirc she later gave me a copy of the original and some other TH songs on cassette.

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 06:10 AM
Picture My Face (For Brian)
cwA2Yyt_Xyk

A clip from a local morning show about a year and a half ago. I guess the Boys were just starting to get out there and do shows again.

It's good to see a few folks around here remember Teenage Head who come from Helliot's home town of Hamilton Ontartio.

helliott
October 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
Yes, very sad to lose him at such a young age. He was a local character and very genuine guy. And The Head are rock icons in these parts, and should be better known than they are.
Guitarist Gordie Lewis blogs on my paper's music site, Jamilton. His blog hasn't been too active, but a couple of posts have turned into Frankie tribute books. If you'd like to read or post a thought for Frankie, go to jamilton.typepad.com/gordielewis/, or to thespec.com, click on arts and entertainment and then Jamilton.
I'm very proud that our town turns out some great musicians: Dan Lanois, Ian Thomas, Kathleen Edwards, Colin Cripps, Tom Wilson (Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and formerly Junkhouse), Jackie Washington, studio axe wizard Bill Dhillon and many others. Let's not forget King Biscuit Boy (among greatest blues harpists) , and that The Band pretty much came together as The Hawks here in The Hammer. But Teenage Head is right at the front of the line. Great hard-rocking, totally genuine band and players. They kinda epitomize the city.

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
Glad to see you around for this post Helliot... I was thinking of you and what great Ambassador's the Head were for the city of Hamilton, good honest R&R.

Thanks for the link for your paper... lot's of good stuff in there!

Cheers,
David

sunvalleylaw
October 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for turning me on to them Algonquin. I believe I had heard them or saw them on TV sometime long ago, but I had long forgotten if I truly had. Too bad about Frank. But thanks for posting the tunes!