PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

fensonpaulcaster
October 20th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone,
I checked this site out yesterday, and I was amazed at the amount of information I found. I definitely wanted to be a part of it and share what I knew and pick everyone elses brains for guitar wisdom

But anyways,

I am a hardcore guitar player. Its all I do, acoustic and electric
I have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and to perhaps prevent any picking, its just as good as a Gibson! haha
I also just got a Fender MIM Strat (used). Its really great, and it sounds amazing. Its just totally a classic strat.
The only problem is that the bridge pickup is dying. I was going to get Vintage noiseless pickups, but I don't want to change the tone at all. I can't find just a standard bridge pickup, and ironically they sell standard neck and middle ones.
Any Suggestions?

I also own a Gremlin classical guitar. Its ok, it was my first guitar. I think its gonna be going on the shelf pretty soon haha.

I play thorugh a line six Spider. Its great, specially for what I use it for. I don't gig it or anything, I just use it for messian around and jamming with friends.

thats about it at the moment.

whats your story haha??

warren0728
October 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM
welcome fensonpaulcaster....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
October 20th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Welcome, FPC! We all love guitars here!

Spudman
October 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Howdy and welcome.:wave:

fensonpaulcaster
October 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome, FPC! We all love guitars here!

Haha Good then I'm in the right place :beer:

Strat Vader
October 21st, 2008, 04:12 AM
"I can't find just a standard bridge pickup, and ironically they sell standard neck and middle ones. Any Suggestions?"

This is a great forum.

Hey FPC, try this URL for Lindy Fralin...they make great Strat pu's and from what I can tell these are all sold in sets OR for $75 each. Click on the pu that best fits your needs and if you get one be sure to specify the pu cover color! Good luck.

http://www.fralinpickups.com/stratstyle.asp

SuperSwede
October 21st, 2008, 04:35 AM
welcome!

duhvoodooman
October 21st, 2008, 05:13 AM
Welcome to The Fret, FPC! Glad to have you with us.

Re: your bridge pickup, those Fralins are great, but they're not cheap. If you're a little more, er, fiscally constrained, you might want to look into GuitarFetish.com. Pickups are their biggest business, and they have some great values. Check 'em out:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

Brian Krashpad
October 21st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Welcome!

I'll second the GFS pickup selection if you need to go on the cheap. I have some GFS P-90's in a Strat and they sound good. Also, Jay, the GFS/GuitarFetish honcho, seems like a good guy.

player
October 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome FPC.
same here just play for muh self.I know you will like it here ©

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the Fret!
Cheers :beer:

oldguy
October 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome to TheFret! Glad you joined us here.:)

just strum
October 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome, you are going to like it here. I'm also high on Epi, so I know the enjoyment. However, I would not put them on equal ground with Gibson.

sunvalleylaw
October 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hi FPC! I missed your intro post before. Welcome to the fret!