PDA

View Full Version : RC 2 Looper and key?

M29
October 21st, 2008, 06:24 AM
Hello,

I have the Boss RC-2 looper pedal and in position 9 the programmed jam appears to be in the key of G with the two chords of the jam being G/C. When I jam with a lead in E it sounds right and a lead in G sounds just ok. Can anyone explain that to a somewhat newbie like me?

Thank you.
M29

ShortBuSX
October 21st, 2008, 07:06 AM
I cant believe I know this:thwap:

Thats because E is the relative minor 5th to G
You could also play a G chord and an E chord together(same time) and it would sound good.
This is the circle of fifths...its got multiple uses, and Ive seen several different versions to this one(the ones I use are easier to use)...but everybody should have one of these printed out on a wall to refer to.
http://michael.sessionsmedia.com/downloads/Circleoffifths3.jpg

Tim
October 21st, 2008, 10:50 AM
I cant believe I know this:thwap:

Thats because E is the relative minor 5th to G
You could also play a G chord and an E chord together(same time) and it would sound good.
This is the circle of fifths...its got multiple uses, and Ive seen several different versions to this one(the ones I use are easier to use)...but everybody should have one of these printed out on a wall to refer to.

http://michael.sessionsmedia.com/downloads/Circleoffifths3.jpg

Therefore a lead in "Am" will sound great over the "C" chord of the jam.

M29
October 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Gottcha:dude: Thanks a million. Just when I thought I knew it all:thwap: :AOK:

M

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 02:47 PM
OK M29... now we need clips!

M29
October 21st, 2008, 07:54 PM
Oh man here we go............I will see what I can do...........:D

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Looking forward to it. :AOK:

I bought a cheap (inexpensive) camera this summer, I should learn how to edit properly and post something too. I've been really into fellow Fretters posts and how the YouTube community reacts. For the most part, folks are ok... but you do get some riff raff out there.