PDA

View Full Version : Lesson sites

sensei
October 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Hey all,

I've been looking for some good lesson/video sites lately (rock/metal esp.). I've found some with video lessons and some with tab lessons. None really with a video and a tab that goes with it. Any no of any good sites that fit the bill...

Thanks

S

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Well, YouTube is one place that has many lessons available...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metal+guitar+lessons&search_type=&aq=f

sensei
October 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM
ya...but no tabs (or VERY few)

The_Shredinator21
October 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM
Well, YouTube is one place that has many lessons available...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metal+guitar+lessons&search_type=&aq=f

i agree with Algonquin, YouTube has many clips of people playing songs, although they may not be accurate you can change some of the notes to make it fit. Also, its free.

sensei
October 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
ok, so you're both telling me that you don't know of any sites with videos AND tabs together.

That's cool...maybe someone else does.

S

sensei
October 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, I got one...

mark wein guitar lessons. Found the link in a post right under mine.

Thank you Mark Wein for a really helpful lesson. It's really helpful for me when there is something to listen to, see, and hold in my hand to practice.

S

warren0728
October 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM
It's really helpful for me when there is something to listen to, see, and hold in my hand to practice.
i'm the same way....i'm not at a point where i can watch someone play a song and then duplicate (approximately) the playing....

i have found that the tab sites are an ok start but not very accurate a lot of times....

ww

Andy
October 22nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
there are several good learning sites.

I wouldn't consider TAB a teaching thing ,it's a way to transcribe notes for guitar. It can't teach you how to play or why those notes work together.
tho it's used to demonstrate scales ect.

I like www.Justinguitar.com , I referr to his site on a regular basis

sensei
October 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks...

justinguitar is just what I'm talking about.

S

ted s
October 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think Justinguitar is very helpful as well.
Some good demos may also be found at www.vanderbilly.com , not sure about the tabs though. Also check out www.guitarnoise.com .

cherokee747
October 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
+1 on Vanderbilly.