PDA

View Full Version : Hi, gang. Anyone with a Boss GT-10 for Boston sound?

mannydingo
October 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM
Nice to join the site. I already posted on one thread. Being over 40 it's easy to believe I prefer late 70's standard rock. I also like early 80's heavy metal but can't play like that. My music world revolves around the 1st and 2nd albums by the band Boston. I am on a mad struggle to make my Boss GT-10 sound like those two albums and NOT like the Rockman's 3rd album and later sound. The first Rockman headphone amp does sound like the 2nd album but you shouldn't have to go back to old noisy equipment to reproduce a sound. Anyone own a GT-10 that wants to tackle the early Boston sound? A close one has been made that I have. Make the two patches for me, please.

warren0728
October 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM
welcome mannydingo....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
October 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
Welcome mannydingo! Boston was a cool band, and a big inspiration for myself.

mannydingo
October 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
welcome mannydingo....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

How much do I have to pay for authorized use of your welcome?:)

mannydingo
October 21st, 2008, 05:02 PM
Welcome mannydingo! Boston was a cool band, and a big inspiration for myself.

Thanks, Robert.

warren0728
October 21st, 2008, 05:02 PM
some things just aren't for sale! :nono: :D

ww

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the Fret.
Cheers :beer:

just strum
October 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Don't believe his "some things aren't for sale". He sold his soul for a guitar and amp.

mannydingo
October 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the Fret.
Cheers :beer:

Thanks. Oh, and if Warren sold his soul for a guitar and amp. There's going to be hell to pay to the devil.:flamemad:

Algonquin
October 21st, 2008, 08:42 PM
Truth be known... he sold it for a guitar pick with Les Pauls signature on it.

Collectively everyone here thinks he got a pretty sweet deal! :bravo:

WW and the Pick of Destiny :rotflmao:

warren0728
October 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Truth be known... he sold it for a guitar pick with Les Pauls signature on it.

Collectively everyone here thinks he got a pretty sweet deal! :bravo:

WW and the Pick of Destiny :rotflmao:
maybe if i actually used said pick (the nice red one in the picture) my playing would be better! :thwap: don't think i will though....

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_354730f4df2bbaf.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=44)

sunvalleylaw
October 21st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Welcome mannydingo! Another over 40 Boston fan here. The first two albums were a big part of my teenage years. I hope you have fun here and bet you will.

mannydingo
October 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Welcome mannydingo! Another over 40 Boston fan here. The first two albums were a big part of my teenage years. I hope you have fun here and bet you will.

Sunvalley, so far it seems that way. Hey, Moderators, I tried to post a comment on an already existing thread and I wasn't allowed. It was in the For Sale section. The thread title is "Looking for a 12'er" The deal was already done so I figured when I hit the back button I was going to see "Thread Closed" at the bottom of the page like all the forums have but it's not the case. Is there a minimum number of posts a new user has to place before he can post in the For Sale section? I've seen that elsewhere before too.

oldguy
October 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Welcome to TheFret! Glad you joined us here.:)
To answer your question, yes.
(You have to be a member for 30 days with 20 posts or more to post in the For Sale section.)

duhvoodooman
October 28th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Oops! Sorry for being so late on this, but WELCOME to The Fret, Manny! :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

mannydingo
October 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys. And, thanks for the answer. It's the same method for posting on the ForSale threads on the car forums.