PDA

View Full Version : What's the weirdest thing you do?

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Maybe not THE weirdest with me but when I type words with "th" in them...I mispell and type "ht".

nohting
somehting
brigth
souht

There's one word that I can't remember right now that I do this wiht all the time. And it wasn't wiht. Somehting that is typed often dang I can't remember now. Anyway what do you do that is weird like that?

Robert
October 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
If I go into a room and turn 180 degrees one direction, I must "undo" this by turning 180 degrees counter-clockwise before I leave the room, otherwise I feel totally messed up. This applies to many situations; like sitting in my chair and turning around to do something - I have to turn back the opposite way, so that I don't get "wound up".

For some reason, I am very particular about this "winding-up" and "unwinding" business - I know it's weird! :D

Another thing - window blinds must be turned at the correct angle when in use. If the light is coming from the left, the blinds must be set this direction - "\" and if the light is coming from the right, it must be "/" - or else I will not be myself. :)

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Sometimes when I leave the house I just HAVE to go back inside and check if the coffee maker or oven is on.. Even if I know that they are turned off.

luvmyshiner
October 23rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Toilet paper must be placed on the holder with the paper coming off the top. If it's not done correctly, people could die.:eek:

duhvoodooman
October 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
If it's keyboard related weird stuff, then it would have to be CONSTANTLY dropping in a semicolon instead of an apostrophe when I type. It;s something I;d really like to stop, ;cuz it;s driving me nuts always having to go back to correct it. :flamemad:

If it's weird stuff I do in general, then NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!! ;) :D

P.S. Shiner, you are absolutely 100% right about the toilet paper. So because I agree with you, it's not weird! ;)

ted s
October 23rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Sorry Shiner, toilet paper must roll off the back side allowing a clean one handed rip supported by the bottom of the roll.
Also, credit cards/ID (wallet contents) must be checked periodically throughout the day.

luvmyshiner
October 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Whatever ya' gotta tell yourself Ted. I hope you can sleep at night with all those deaths on your head.:poke:

marnold
October 23rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
I visit TheFret several times per day. Freaky, eh?

The only thing I can think of is that when I leave church, I've always got to double check to make sure I locked the door. I've heard that if you just check once, it's not a mental issue. If you check 15 times, there's a problem.

There's also this weird thing in my family where we have to group M&Ms, Skittles, etc. by color before eating them. I can't seem to eat them randomly/haphazardly.

ted s
October 23rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Whatever ya' gotta tell yourself Ted. I hope you can sleep at night with all those deaths on your head.:poke:

:rotflmao:
I gotta call me a lawyer. Yo, Steve, Brian..Maybe even CB

ted s
October 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hey Rev, who's that with you in your avatar ?

Algonquin
October 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Uhh ohh Ted... now you've gone and done it :eek:

duhvoodooman
October 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Oh, geez....duck & cover, everybody!! :eek: Ted's got a deathwish today....

Guitar Gal
October 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I have to line up my paper money in my wallet facing the same way.....right side up and in ascending order with the lowest denomination bill in front and the largest denomination in the back. I cannot leave the checkout line in the store unless my paper money is properly sequenced :poke:

Most of the time all I have are one's and five's so it doesn't take that long :rotflmao:

I also agree with Shiner and DVM.....toilet paper needs to go over the top to obtain user friendliness and correct breakage. I HATE fishing for the end of the TP if it's hanging down below.....it's just not right I tell ya :thwap:

GG

R_of_G
October 23rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
I have to line up my paper money in my wallet facing the same way.....right side up and in ascending order with the lowest denomination bill in front and the largest denomination in the back.

I am guilty of that one as well. In my case I chalk it up to 10 years of waiting tables. It was the way the money needed to be when it was turned in at the end of the night so it made sense to me to just start keeping it that way all the time. It became something I did with all money that I handled and now it's just force of habit.

Ro3b
October 23rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
I can smell things by touching them with my hands.

warren0728
October 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
ok....i have to keep my folding money sorted as per gg....tp has to be over the top....the only keyboard related thing would be not using any capital letters....and using too many of these ---> ....

can't think of anything else weird that i do.... :pancake: :pancake: :whatever: :pancake: :pancake:

duhvoodooman
October 23rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
OK, we're finally getting into some GENUINE weirdness here! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
:pancake: haha Good one Warren. I totally laughed too with GG's answer. My g.a.s. stash money comes to mind cause I have to have them all in sequence and all right side up and all folded perfectly to fit inside one of my secret wallet sleeves. I also make sure they're all in order and lined up when I finally hand someone my g.a.s. money on a sale.

sunvalleylaw
October 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
I sometimes trace figure 8's with my thumb on the side of my index finger, and toilet paper rolls over the top, absolutely. On the keyboard, I guess my weird thing is that I still type two spaces after periods.

Oh, I also sometimes do the money line up thing too, though I rarely have cash.

ted s
October 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Uhh ohh Ted... now you've gone and done it :eek:

huh ? didn't mean to..

Ohhh, of course !! that's George Lynch !
What was I thinking..
(nice save, thanks David)

jasongins
October 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Seconds after locking a door, I very often have to go back and recheck it. Frequently, I will lock up at work, get in the car and drive away, only to be driven mad by my uncertainty and have to drive back a few minutes later to recheck the door. The only solution I have been able to come up with for this obsessive-compulsive behavior is to say out loud to myself, "the door is locked" immediately after locking the door.

ted s
October 23rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
I hear you and feel your pain Jasongins

Spudman
October 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
I guess for me it is being non-idiosyncratic. I'm also telepathic.

just strum
October 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
1) I'm with Shiner on the TP

2) I will not use a public bathroom except for #1. When I worked 27 miles away, I would drive home if necessary. Now that I am 40 miles, I have trained my body. I know http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/toomuchinfo.gif

3) This is my daily analism: I can not have fingerprints on my computer screen or any type of viewing object. If I am sitting in someones office, I cringe if they show me something on their computer and point while touching the screen. If someone at work comes into my office and I sense they are going to touch my screen, I'll smack their hand away. I have a file drawer with cleaners and rags.

bigoldron
October 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
I've been told that sometimes I OCD, but actually, I'm CDO, just like it's supposed to be... :rotflmao:

marnold
October 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
huh ? didn't mean to..

Ohhh, of course !! that's George Lynch !
What was I thinking..
(nice save, thanks David)
Hehe. All the details are here (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8641). Ol' George looks a bit different than the way he looked in my old avatar.

The_Shredinator21
October 23rd, 2008, 06:24 PM

wow, some of these things seem really weird, I can agree with GG's money thing and the toilet paper over the top, but Ro3b's talent just makes me jealous, Props for you dude:beer: .

something strange that I do is when people ask me simple questions about me such as when is my birthday, or whats your dad's name, i often have to think about my answer for a few seconds, is that normal?:thwap:

warren0728
October 23rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
is that normal?:thwap:
:whatever: hmmm....hang on....i've got to think about it.... :rotflmao:

tjcurtin1
October 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Good G*d, people - don't tell me we're back into the toilet paper!!! IMHO, the topic, like the stuff itself, should never be reused.....

Yeah on the money thing; my brother in law (as a teen) used to iron his bills and store them in perfect order under his mattress...

Otherwise, in my house I'm known as a strict "four-minuter" - the time for steeping tea or coffee (see the coffee thread for my 'cowboy' variation on the 'french press').

Childbride
October 23rd, 2008, 07:09 PM
dunno if they are 'weird', per se, but everyone has quirks.

i'm with shiner on the tp. drives me nuts.

i'm with gg on the money thing. comes from being a cashier for a time in my past life and having to count out till.

i'm an obsessive hair twirler. i've done it since i was very young.

i have a 'pile system' of files and mail in my office. i cannot leave my office until everything is in its proper pile, according to priority.

i absolutely have to genuflect every time i hear an ambulance or a life flight. someone is having possibly the worst or last day of their life, and i have to commiserate.

street music
October 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Problems?? My wife finds many complaints about me, my worst is the fact that I can sit and lesson to what someone is saying and not retain a single bit of what was said. :bravo: :bravo:
I perfer the toilet paper over the top also.
Another weird thing I do is switch from one extreme in the music I listen to or play to another, like jump from a Willie Nelson to Led Zepplin or go from Deep Purple to Johnny Cash, am I crazy? According to the wife I'm not the same as the guy she married 34 years ago. Now why would that be?:rotflmao:

sumitomo
October 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
I still have an old 65 gmc 40 ft. schoolbus that I lived in saving money to get in debt and buy this house I live in.I am keeping it until the house is paid off.I am glad to have toliet paper who cares if it is on a roller boy if you come visit I am going to hide the paper that would be fun.Sumi:D

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Sometimes I go to the kitchen and open the fridge... and *boom* I dont have a clue what I was supposed to fetch..

So, I have to go back to the room where I got the idea and try to figure out why I opened the fridge...

Jimi75
October 24th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I have to line up my paper money in my wallet facing the same way.....right side up and in ascending order with the lowest denomination bill in front and the largest denomination in the back. I cannot leave the checkout line in the store unless my paper money is properly sequenced
GG

Hey, welcome to the club! This is exactly what I wanted to write!!!!!!!!! And I thought I was alone with this behaviour :-)

Darn crazy poeple hangin' out here :dude:

marnold
October 24th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I have to line up my paper money in my wallet facing the same way.....right side up and in ascending order with the lowest denomination bill in front and the largest denomination in the back. I cannot leave the checkout line in the store unless my paper money is properly sequenced :poke:
I'm with you on that one too, although it's not so much a neurosis as it is training for me. I worked as a bank teller so all of our money had to be in the proper order, facing the same direction otherwise it was an audit violation. So I wasn't born A.R. about it, I was trained to be.

ShortBuSX
October 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
When I go to leave the house I tend to gather everything up that Im taking with me, I'l even take the time to try and remember everything that I will need...I'll load everything in the car, start it and then go back into the house "just to make sure" I dont forget anything...I'll lock the door and then leave...but I still amost always forget something!:thwap:
Sometimes I'll get to the end of the street and have to double back...sometimes more than once! Sometimes its the end of the driveway.

Andy
October 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I can't take a drink of coffee without putting my other hand on my hip, don't know why I do that ,but it drives the wife crazy...

Now I have to do it just to tease her.

mechanic
October 25th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I sometimes go to funerals for people I never met.
Is that weird?

Spudman
October 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Is that weird?
Uh, yup.:messedup:

Tone2TheBone
October 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Is that weird?

Man now I'm sorry I asked this question. LMAO :rotflmao: :D