PDA

View Full Version : Carry bag for gear?

M29
June 9th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Hello All,

I was curious what you guys are using to carry all your cords and pedals and what not? I am sorry if this was already covered but I cannot get the search funtion to work.
I am going to jam with some guys this weekend for the first time with a guitar and may end up doing this more down the road and wondered if you guys have found a certain gym bag, camera bag or something else that works good to carry this stuff around in.
Also, I am going to be taking some stuff with me on vacation camping this summer like my Tascam guitar trainer which I just love along with some cords and stuff and need something that is somewhat rugged or durable so nothing gets damaged being moved around a bit.

Your help would be greatly appriciated.

M29

Robert
June 9th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I use a regular backpack for cables and stuff. I have all my pedals in my home made pedal board.

Spudman
June 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I go to the thrift stores and buy Samsonite or American Tourister luggage. Get the most heavy duty shell you can find with a dividing panel inside. That way you can separate pedals from other stuff. Total cost should be around $4. It's a bargain!

t_ross33
June 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I use a hockey bag (again, I'm a Canuck - what can I say, eh?). It's a bit larger than a regular gym bag and has wheels on one end like a rollerboard suitcase. I can stuff in my Vox AD30DT, amp stand, pedal board, pedals, numerous cables, note books, tuner, string winder, harmonica, picture of my dog, a six-pack....:D

It gets pretty heavy, but at least I can pull it along and everything is in one place.

Might look for something else with better protection/durability if we start playing more, but works good for now.

Spudman
June 9th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I use a hockey bag I can stuff in my picture of my dog, a six-pack....:D

TR
That is so cool that you take a picture of your dog with you. I wish I would have thought of that because my dog hates getting stuffed into suitcase. It's getting so that he won't go to gigs with me any more.:D

Bloozcat
June 12th, 2006, 07:16 AM
I've got an old 40's-50's tweed suitcase that I picked up at a second hand store. It was in great shape when I got it, just dirty from years of use. I gently scrubbed the tweed, and now it looks really good. The leather trim is in suprisingly good shape too. I shaped my pedal board so that it would fit inside the case, and there's still room in it for cords, straps, and other miscellaneous stuff.

No retro vintage stuff here...it's the real deal... :cool:

Katastrophe
June 12th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Our setlist notebook fits in the space behind the speakers of my combo amp, along with my superuberultimatehightech powerstrip from Radio Shack. Cords, power plug and RP80 fits in the front pocket of my gig bag for the ESP. That's how I roll!:D :R :DR

My other guitar player has a bigger version of the RP80 (RP200???), so he packs everything away in a backpack and slings it over his shoulder...