PDA

View Full Version : SX Strats

Spudman
June 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Here is a new twist on a Strat. Could be appealing to some. I've heard good things about the SX reqular Strats. All this for only $110.
http://www.rondomusic.net/sst57p90.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/sst57p90vwh5a.jpg

Robert
June 9th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Sweet little thing! I want one of those. What a cool looking guitar!

Justaguyin_nc
June 10th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Gawd Robert..if you do get one don't give a good review...I'll have to get one then... it does look sweet... would look nice along the SX 57 bass.. and give me reason to learn http://www.the-jime.dk/Rockabilly_Guitar.htm Rockabilly! Umm that is what P90's are for right? :)

duhvoodooman
June 10th, 2006, 07:56 AM
This was NOT a good thing for a guy who's been hankerin' for a 2nd Strat and a guitar w/ P90's to see. Must resist.....must resist....must (where'd I put that VISA card?) resist....

Robert
June 10th, 2006, 08:32 AM
It's incredibly cheap, so we shouldn't need to fee so guilty. Right?

duhvoodooman
June 10th, 2006, 09:10 AM
It's incredibly cheap, so we shouldn't need to fee so guilty. Right?
Gee, what a coincidence! The little red guy with horns sitting on my left shoulder whispered the same thing into my ear just a few minutes ago! ;) :D

SuperSwede
June 17th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Voodoo.. so you and el credito are going to check one out? ;)

Spudman
June 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ya Voodoo. Have you got it yet? How does it sound? Play? Is it worth the dough?

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Unbelievably, I haven't succumbed to temptation yet. But I'll let you all know if (when?) I do....

SuperSwede
June 18th, 2006, 04:53 AM
absolutely wonderful guitar, you know that it will sound wonderful with your Delta Blues, dont you? :D

duhvoodooman
June 18th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Geez, who needs that little red guy with horns when you're around, Swede!

SuperSwede
June 18th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Glad to be of service, as usual...

ARghh.. no one here carries that guitar, so does anyone know how much it would cost to ship a guitar from usa to sweden?

Katastrophe
June 18th, 2006, 03:28 PM
SX is an international brand, and not unique to Rondo... A little research might find a closer distributor to you... You could also try to email Kurt at Rondo. He could tell you shipping prices, and would probably refer you to someone closer...

By the way, I tried to Yahoo "SX Guitars Sweden" hoping to find a Swedish distributor, but all I got was this page, and a bunch of other stuff.:confused:

Spudman
June 18th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I found a Harmony Central review of the P90 guitar.

Features: 9
Easy to play electric guitar, perfect for the beginner or intermediate player
A great backup guitar for the professional
Solid Alder body for that great rock-n-roll sound
High quality P-90 pickups offer superior output and outstanding treble response
One volume and one tone control plus a 3-way pickup selector switch
Beautiful Maple neck with adjustable truss rod and Rosewood reinforcement for added stability
Ultra-fast Maple fretboard with 21 jumbo frets
Vintage fulcrum bridge with six adjustable saddles
Three-ply pickguard (White, Black, White)
D’Addario strings are installed at the factory
Actual weight is only 8.5 lbs
Overall length is 39" including the strap button
Scale length is 25.5" Width at the widest point is 13"
Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 1/8" Body thickness is 1 3/4".
Sound: 10
Sound.. It sounds great!! I've got another P90 Strat using Mighty Mite Pickups and this sounds much better..
Nice ..Full and smooth!!
Action, Fit, & Finish: 7
Had to do a basic Setup.. everything else seems fine!
Reliability/Durability: 9
Shouldn't be any problems..
Customer Support: N/A
Haven't used it but I've heard plenty of positive stuff about Kurt at Rondo.com
Overall Rating: 10
Been playing for 12-13 years
I own 3 other guitars and a couple of Custom Hand built Tube Amps..Lots of pedals..on and on..

For the $109 plus freight you can't miss with these axes... Submitted by Chris at 03/25/2006 12:17

SuperSwede
June 19th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Katastrophe, there is a few places around here that sell SX guitars but none of them carry that model. And at 2.5 times the price you pay in USA it could even be a better deal (even if it gets stuck in the customs!). I saw that one dealer had a few of the SX reissue strats, I wonder how they are compared to squiers at the same price ?