PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam - What CD or CD's are Best?

just strum
October 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
If anyone is a Pearl Jam fan, what are some of their better CD's?

sunvalleylaw
October 25th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Vs. is always a good one. I think you might like it. There are a lot of good tracks on many of the albums. You might want to go on Amazon or iTunes and click around and see what you like. I also like everything I have heard off of Vedder's "Into the Wild" soundtrack. Good stuff there too.

The Boss
October 26th, 2008, 12:03 AM
It's not a CD, but check out Live at The Garden. Amazing!

R_of_G
October 26th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Strum, firstly I would pick up Ten. It was their debut studio album and the one that got me hooked on the band in the first place. I think a lot of the songs still hold up to the test of time.

After that, you might want to pick up one of their live albums because they are a very good live band. There are several to choose from, but Live on Two Legs which is one of those compilation highlight live albums from several shows on one tour. It's a good survey of their live sound. If it turns out you like them, they sell official recordings of almost every show they've done since 2000, so there is much to choose from available.

just strum
October 26th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I'm ordering from here:

http://www.justthedisc.com/search/

They have a great selection of Pearl Jam and at $2.99 each, hey it's a great deal.

I've purchased from this place before and every CD looked and played brand new.

sunvalleylaw
October 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I don't have any of the live cd's but thought that DVD looked cool BossFan. ON the live CD's, which one has a good version of Crazy Mary? I downloaded one version from iTunes but would love to get a full live CD.

stingx
October 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Pearl Jam Live at the Garden DVD. I don't bother with CDs as I prefer to buy live concert DVDs and, if I feel like, rip to CD for the car. I am an avid collector of live concert DVDs and find that, unlike movies, I'll watch them many times and not tire of them. This time of year especially is a great time to watch these and derive a ton of inspiration.

Andy
October 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Stingx, we should collaberate some time down the road ,
I have a "few" performance dvd's myself.

Jimi75
October 28th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I dare to utter it: "TEN"

Start with TEN!
Vs. is also very good and I think Live On Two Legs gives you a clear picture of what this band is capable on stage.

just strum
February 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
In response to the thread suggesting greatest hits. Not exactly the same, but provides good direction.

No need to reinvent the wheel, so I will just http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/bump_signs.jpg

Suhnton
February 11th, 2009, 03:45 AM
For me, Vs. In typical Brendan O'Brien fashion, the production is in your face. The way "Go" kicks off the album, the band was out to kick some a**.

Kazz
February 11th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Ten is my favorite and Vitalogy is probably my least favorite.

Yellow Ledbetter is my favorite from Aunt Pearl's boys.....