PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a black '51 pickguard?

M29
June 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Hello All,

If someone has a black '51 pickguard that they would like to sell or trade for a white one please let me know. This is for my sunburst '51.

Thank you for your time and help.

M29

duhvoodooman
June 10th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Squier '51 Pickguard on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-51-b-w-b-Guitar-pickguard_W0QQitemZ7388883967QQcategoryZ41424QQcmd ZViewItem)

Seems expensive, since GC routinely sells the whole guitar for $99!

M29
June 10th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Hello duhvoodooman,

Yeah they want quite a bit on ebay, I have heard from the '51 modders forum that the hole spacing on some is a little bit different and it is best to send your guard/or a templet of your guard in to have one made exactly. I did not want to spend a lot at this time I just wanted to change the white guard for now. I plan to make one later on maybe in tortoise or something.

Thanks for the info. Man I am having a ball with this thing now. After messing with the fret ends/intonating and lowering the action it plays great! Now if I could only play............

M29

M29
July 9th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hello All,

Just got back from vacation out west in Yellowstone and Colorado and am anxious to get back to the guitar.
I wanted to experiment on a couple Squier '51 pickguards with different color paints and thought I would see if anyone has any white pickguards to sell. I did not want to pay a whole lot but will pay resonable price as I will probably discard atleast one out of the two. I want to keep my original white guard to put back if I ever want to put it back stock.

Thank you for your time and help.

M29