PDA

View Full Version : Washburn Idol Prototype w/P90's-SOLD!

bigoldron
October 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
SOLD

I've made the decision to sell my Washburn Idol Prototype. Why am I selling it? I just can't get used to the P90 sound. She plays really sweet and when listening to it recorded, it does sound kinda good. But, I just can't stand that P90 buzz. I've done everything I can to quieten the buzz, but from what can read from others, it's just the nature of the P90 beast.

The guitar has a very nice black finish with cream colored binding on the body and neck. The neck is rosewood. There are minimal playing scratches in the clear coat, probably could be buffed out.

The Idol has P90's in it, but I did replace the factory bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan Hot P90. I also replaced the cheap Asian pots with CTS 250k audio pots and a couple of nice caps that Mudcat sent me. I've also shielded the entire pickup cavity with copper foil and rewired everything with grounding to the bridge ground wire and to the pickup cavity.

I replaced the gold top knobs with metal chrome knobs, because I broke one of the gold tops when working on the pots. Actually, I think it looks better with the chrome knurled knobs. If you want, I'll throw the old gold top knobs in. I'll also include the factory bridge pickup and will include a gig bag.

Here's a couple of pics:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd81/bigoldron/NewGuitar002.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd81/bigoldron/NewGuitar001.jpg

I know what I've got in this baby, with it's cost, plus the new pickup and pots. I'm asking $150, plus the cost of shipping via UPS.

If you're familiar with P90's or want to get into the business, you won't go wrong with this baby. She's a real sweet player, but as I said, I just can't get used to that sound.

If anyone's interested, I wouldn't mind trading for a good Strat copy with the traditional SSS pickups (already have a Yamaha with HSS) and a rosewood neck. Or, even a good semi-hollow, 335 copy.

bigoldron
October 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
This baby is SSSOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD!!!!!!!

just strum
October 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I just realized, I now have a guitar with a point. Well, have take the Dremel to that point when it arrives.

bigoldron
October 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I just realized, I now have a guitar with a point. Well, have take the Dremel to that point when it arrives.

I'll point your head!!! :poke:

At least she's black... :AOK:

just strum
October 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I'll point your head!!! :poke:

At least she's black... :AOK:

Hey, I like that avatar.

luvmyshiner
October 28th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Congrats Strum! She's a beaut!

just strum
October 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Congrats Strum! She's a beaut!

Thanks, it's a Washburn, but maintaining the dark side.

What did you say your name was?:poke:

warren0728
October 28th, 2008, 07:49 PM
cool strum....that's your 2nd p90 guitar isn't it....and to think you almost gave up on p90's! :poke: :beer: :pancake:

marnold
October 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side :) :rockon:

bigoldron
October 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Hey, I like that avatar.

Thanks, my friend! I'm paying tribute to the greatest Southern Rocker who ever lived. Last week was 31 years ago that the plane went down. Fly on Free Bird!

It was either that or a sign that said,

You can't make me grow up! :rotflmao: :D