PDA

View Full Version : Buckethead!!!

Steffe1973
October 29th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Okey, I know I´m late.....
BUT HAVE YOU HEARD HIM!?!?? I played soem Guitar Hero 3 this
weekend and played the song Soothsayer by Buckethead. Since I love instrumental songs with people like the master Eric Johnson Paul Gilbert etc.
I was blown away by his feel and intence in the playing. So for a few days now I have checked out a lot about him on both google and youtube and I´m really impressed. Anyone else who likes him!?!? Whats not to like!!!

I got a new scale to start working on as well, the natural minor (pure minor) that Buckethead often use.
Cheers
Stefan

R_of_G
October 29th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the weirdness Steffe! I love Buckethead. I think he's one of the most unique and talented guitarists out there.

tunghaichuan
October 29th, 2008, 07:14 AM
A Buckethead fan since 1992 :AOK:

Here's a site with some freebies you can download:

http://www.buckethead-coop.com/downloads.html

tung

R_of_G
October 29th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I knew Tung would be along soon enough:rockon:

marnold
October 29th, 2008, 08:26 AM
He's one guy I've got to check out more thoroughly. The best part is before the show he brings delicious fried chicken!

Steffe1973
October 29th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Great link tung!!
And yes he´s an amazing guitarist!:bravo:

ShortBuSX
October 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Anyone else who likes him!?!? Whats not to like!!!

Uh...theres a bucket...on his head:thwap:

For the life of me, I cant get past that fact...I think I have an aversion to people wearing KFC buckets on their head...I just cant take him seriously, even though he does have skills.

BUT, the one thing that has always fascinated me about him is the mystery...I mean who is he?
I dont really know much bout him, such as height, but I was kinda thinking it might be somebody like Joe Satriani...or somebody with only mediocre marketability...add the gimmick...and youve got another money making opportunity.

Or it could be somebody from another band....who really likes chicken.

Who do you think it could be?

tunghaichuan
October 29th, 2008, 08:58 AM
His real name is Brian Caroll. There is a blurry picture of him floating around the net. He was a student of Paul Gilbert's and there was some speculation that he actually was Paul Gilbert, but that proved to be false.

tung

Uh...theres a bucket...on his head:thwap:

For the life of I cant get past that fact...I think I have an aversion to people wearing KFC buckets on their head...I just cant take him seriously, even though he does have skills.

BUT, the one thing that has always fascinated me about him is the mystery...I mean who is he?
I dont really know much bout him, such as height, but I was kinda thinking it might be somebody like Joe Satriani...or somebody with only mediocre marketability...add the gimmick...and youve got another money making opportunity.

Or it could be somebody from another band....who really likes chicken.

Who do you think it could be?

ShortBuSX
October 29th, 2008, 09:09 AM
He was a student of Paul Gilbert's....
tung

Big fan!:dude:
Love me some RacerX!

[edit]Wiki says:

Whenever dressed like this (most of the time during performances) he represents a character who was "raised by chickens, and has made it his mission in life to alert the world to the ongoing chicken holocaust in fast-food joints around the globe".

:thwap: Id wear a bucket too

just strum
October 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
His real name is Brian Caroll. There is a blurry picture of him floating around the net. He was a student of Paul Gilbert's and there was some speculation that he actually was Paul Gilbert, but that proved to be false.

tung

I went to school with Brian Caroll, but I think he went on to be a career criminal.

ShortBuSX
October 29th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I went to school with Brian Caroll, but I think he went on to be a career criminal.

Now that would explain the bucket!
And waaay more marketable that way as well...but instead (this one)hes a chicken lover.:rotflmao:

BTW, Im not trying to knock this guys abilities at all.

Jimi75
October 30th, 2008, 08:14 AM
What a crazy guy! I think I first heard Buckethead over at a friends house in the mid 80's. He was presentes in Guitarplayer Magazine and my friend ordered his demo tape via mail, which took about 8 weeks until it arrived in good old Germany. I found it kind of cool that he manages to keep his real look secret, although there are 1-2 pictures on the net that claim to be him. Pretty mysterious. Besides all this I think he is a good player technically, but his music it's not my cup of tea.