PDA

View Full Version : We had our first snow fall

just strum
October 29th, 2008, 03:50 PM
About 3" unexpected overnight (In Waco that is referred to as a severe blizzard). Actually made the sie streets pretty slick.

I didn't want to OT on DVM thread so,

a...it's nice to be wearing shorts (plaid of course) and no shoes in my living room with the windows wide open during october!! :poke:

Hey Warren

Strum---->http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/asskiss.gif<-----Warren

ShortBuSX
October 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Warren is a mad man if he was wearing shorts with the windows open last night! It must have been atleast 50* or lower :rotflmao:

I dunno how yall do it...that snow business would get old with me real quick.
Thats gotta be like living on another planet for almost a 1/3 of the year.

sunvalleylaw
October 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
We raised in Seattle (or living in Idaho) wear shorts if it is a clear day with temps much over 40 F. Oh, and of course, crocs. ;)

just strum
October 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
We raised in Seattle (or living in Idaho) wear shorts if it is a clear day with temps much over 40 F. Oh, and of course, crocs. ;)

Now there's a visual.:poke:

warren0728
October 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Warren is a mad man if he was wearing shorts with the windows open last night! It must have been atleast 50* or lower
well it was during the day today so it was a brisk 61 degrees! :pancake: :beer:

warren0728
October 29th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Strum---->http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/asskiss.gif<-----Warren
:puke: :bootyshake: :nono: :eek:

just sayin'....

just strum
October 29th, 2008, 06:15 PM
:puke: :bootyshake: :nono: :eek:

just sayin'....

Warren,

When you fellow fretters are living in the cold, you, as a fretter should be saying things like "I wish I was up there sharing your pain", not "I have the windows open, I'm wearing my plaid shorts..."

just saying... :poke:

Algonquin
October 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm not saying I'm ready for snow this early in the season, but I will say I truly enjoy each season and what they have to offer.

There is something almost magical going hiking through a trail in winter just after a snow fall. The blanket of snow on the tree's makes everything very quiet and peaceful.

Driving through snow in traffic is a completely different story though.

just strum
October 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I'm not saying I'm ready for snow this early in the season, but I will say I truly enjoy each season and what they have to offer.

There is something almost magical going hiking through a trail in winter just after a snow fall. The blanket of snow on the tree's makes everything very quiet and peaceful.

Driving through snow in traffic is a completely different story though.

I like an evening snow fall when the moon light hits the untouched new snow fall. When it comes to driving to work in it - it SUCKS!!! However, so does driving to work any day.

I agree, I like the season changes, I just wish the colorful fall stuck around for as long as winter (snow) seems to stick around.

Ch0jin
October 29th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Got to get my head around this these old school degF measurements ;)

I read "50 degrees" and thought OMG that's got to be the hottest place on the planet!!

Robert
October 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I have a hard time too understanding that Yankee F-word... :D

just strum
October 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Got to get my head around this these old school degF measurements ;)

I read "50 degrees" and thought OMG that's got to be the hottest place on the planet!!

I know, when I first started going up to Canada I would ask the guy I was visiting, what's the temp going to be and he would say 15. I would arrive the next day dressed as if I was an Eskimo.

Katastrophe
October 29th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Ice belongs either in a freezer, for later use in keeping a beer cold, or in a cooler, keeping a beer cold.

Signed,

The Southern Fretters

:poke:

ShortBuSX
October 29th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Warren,

When you fellow fretters are living in the cold, you, as a fretter should be saying things like "I wish I was up there sharing your pain", not "I have the windows open, I'm wearing my plaid shorts..."

just saying... :poke:

If it makes you feel any better...Ive had the heater on the last 2 nights, weve had record low temps here too :rotflmao:

warren0728
October 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM
If it makes you feel any better...Ive had the heater on the last 2 nights, weve had record low temps here too :rotflmao:
yeah....i kicked my heater on for about 15 minutes this morning.... :pancake:

Childbride
October 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Ice belongs either in a freezer, for later use in keeping a beer cold, or in a cooler, keeping a beer cold.

Signed,

The Southern Fretters

:poke:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

although actually, Kat, we have had to cancel dockets four to six times in ten years in this present job for about the same amount of ice/snow he's talking about. :thwap:

[walks to back door to check temp] 63 here, should get down a bit more than that. :D

wingsdad
October 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I dunno what to make of it. Here at 4,000' above Sea Level in this wacky SoCal High Desert (Mojave) surrounded by 8,000+' peaks to the South & West ...it was 40 degrees (F) at 6am, 85 by 1pm...it's 60 at 7:30pm. :messedup:

Seriously, though...we have 40-degree overnite temp drops year-round, and in a month, the daytime highs will be in the 60's, and it WILL get down to the low-20's and mid-teens overnite.

But there's no moisture, so we get an inch or so of snow every 10 years or so.

The big wait right now as the Santa Ana winds prevail this time of year after about 2" of rain year-to-date is: will we get hit by a wildfire coming down off the tinderbox mountains?

Spudman
October 29th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Ha ha. The joke is on all you southern fretters. We ain't got bugs or tornadoes so there.:p

Besides, in the winter we save a ton of money on gas because our cars just slide everywhere on the ice. We don't even have to go to work some days because the roads are closed and our doors are frozen shut. Plus we can roast marshmallows all winter in our fireplaces.

So what if you are wearing shorts in November we do too...but we make sure to have our Crocs on as well...and we're really liquored up.

Kazz
October 30th, 2008, 04:29 AM

Yep had the same thing going on when I lived in Oregon.....

ShortBuSX
October 30th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Ha ha. The joke is on all you southern fretters. We ain't got bugs or tornadoes so there.:p

Besides, in the winter we save a ton of money on gas because our cars just slide everywhere on the ice. We don't even have to go to work some days because the roads are closed and our doors are frozen shut. Plus we can roast marshmallows all winter in our fireplaces.

So what if you are wearing shorts in November we do too...but we make sure to have or Crocs on as well...and we're really liquored up.

Well that explains the rest of your post. :rotflmao:

Gil Janus
October 30th, 2008, 07:37 AM
It snowed here in north/central Vermont - all we got was a light dusting - less than an inch. the dogs love the snow - they become like puppies - all running, rolling and licking and eating snow :bravo:

Last year the first snow fall was on November 11th and we didn't see the ground again until late March. We are hoping that won't happen again :thwap:

Gil :cool:

just strum
October 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
So what if you are wearing shorts in November we do too...but we make sure to have or Crocs on as well...and we're really liquored up.

I knew there was a catch.

warren0728
October 30th, 2008, 10:37 AM
o what if you are wearing shorts in November we do too...but we make sure to have or Crocs on as well...and we're really liquored up.
i'm good with the shorts and the liquor....but you lost me at the crocs! :thwap:

ShortBuSX
October 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM
i'm good with the shorts and the liquor....but you lost me at the crocs! :thwap:

"Crocs" are those things all the tourists wear round here...come on, you know what theyre talking about :rotflmao:

warren0728
October 30th, 2008, 06:56 PM
"Crocs" are those things all the tourists wear round here...come on, you know what theyre talking about :rotflmao:
oh i know what they're talking about....i just meant that i liked the shorts and liquor...but not the crocs!! :pancake:

Ch0jin
October 30th, 2008, 07:25 PM
"Crocs" are those things all the tourists wear round here...

In parts of my country, "tourists" are what "Croc's" eat.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1771889.ece

luvmyshiner
October 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Hey, we got a little dust today.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P1150045.jpg

Naw, actually it was in the 80's. Had to turn the AC on coming home from work.:beer:

bigoldron
October 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
The only snow we ever have is somebody's cotton hasn't been picked. (OK, if I need to explain this to you city boys, just let me know.)

just strum
October 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
It was about 65 today, but there is still some snow around the front of the house.

BTW, the pic that Shiner posted shut down Waco - go ahead tell them Shiner how the streets were almost void of traffic. They had an energency because they didn't have enough feather dusters to clean the snow away

Childbride
October 31st, 2008, 06:00 PM
It was about 65 today, but there is still some snow around the front of the house.

BTW, the pic that Shiner posted shut down Waco - go ahead tell them Shiner how the streets were almost void of traffic. They had an energency because they didn't have enough feather dusters to clean the snow away

ummm... the pic didn't, but the ice did. :rotflmao:

if shiner's pics had that much power, what do you think the ones with his guitar that one time would have done?!? :confused: :eek: :messedup:

just strum
October 31st, 2008, 06:56 PM
ummm... the pic didn't, but the ice did. :rotflmao:

if shiner's pics had that much power, what do you think the ones with his guitar that one time would have done?!? :confused: :eek: :messedup:

Funny lady - Counselor, please be seated or be held in contempt (or whatever the proper wording is):poke:

Childbride
October 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Funny lady - Counselor, please be seated or be held in contempt (or whatever the proper wording is):poke:

o, i'm utterly contemptible. please throw your gavel at me. :rotflmao:

[in strum's defense... the post that shiner made, on another forum, happened a year or two ago. we had an ice storm, and they shut down the town. people here drive like idiots in ice (and texans don't often get snow... waco does, and in the panhandle they do every year... the line is kinda like hillsboro and north)]

i was just jackin' w/him. there was no traffic. he's right. :D

just strum
October 31st, 2008, 08:26 PM
o, i'm utterly contemptible. please throw your gavel at me. :rotflmao:

[in strum's defense... the post that shiner made, on another forum, happened a year or two ago. we had an ice storm, and they shut down the town. people here drive like idiots in ice (and texans don't often get snow... waco does, and in the panhandle they do every year... the line is kinda like hillsboro and north)]

i was just jackin' w/him. there was no traffic. he's right. :D

When you live in snow country it just seems strange that the little bit of ice can shut a town down. Then one has to remember that those towns don't have salt trucks and plows, or at least not in abundance. Around here and other places north, we have snow and ice storms and there are still people doing 70 mph.

Don't feel offended CB, Robert probably thinks people in the northern part of the US are wimps compared to the snow they get. What was the guys name from Canada over on the Washburn site? He use to post pics of snow about 5 feet high. Those Canadians, they're just nuts:poke:

Oh one other Canadian jab - your damn geese are stopping at my house on their way south. Damn I hate those things. Now, give me a good Canadian beaver and I will be happy.:D

Childbride
October 31st, 2008, 08:42 PM
What was the guys name from Canada over on the Washburn site? He use to post pics of snow about 5 feet high. Those Canadians, they're just nuts:poke:

[yawn] (tired puppy, and tomorrow is not going to be pretty) yan. was his bday yesterday, methinkest. ice climbing. JuJu.

and strum, you could throw that gavel at my head.

you have to work hard to p*** me off . :D :beer: :pancake: