PDA

View Full Version : Hush

333maxwell
October 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Being the song is called Hush, I am not going to spend anytime talking about it.

It's a song most wont care for/get...

Still, I present Hush

Hush
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7017407&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7017407&q=hi

oldguy
October 30th, 2008, 05:03 AM
[QUOTE=333maxwell]Being the song is called Hush, I am not going to spend anytime talking about it.

I guess I'm not most, maxwell, because I really enjoyed it. Loved the chord progression, the vocals, and the mix on it. Especially the very ending/fade out. What a nice surprise.
Thanks for letting us have a listen.:AOK:

M29
October 30th, 2008, 05:17 AM
I thought it sounded very good, nice feel and mix. I felt that the ending might sound good with a faint strum of a chord at the very end of the fade. Just my thought. Very nice indeed:AOK:

M

Katastrophe
October 30th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Loved the chord progression. Great mix and overall production, and the song itself is very good.

Don't apologize for what you write. You have talent, my friend.

I now dub thee "Mood Master."

333maxwell
October 30th, 2008, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=333maxwell]Being the song is called Hush, I am not going to spend anytime talking about it.

I guess I'm not most, maxwell, because I really enjoyed it. Loved the chord progression, the vocals, and the mix on it. Especially the very ending/fade out. What a nice surprise.
Thanks for letting us have a listen.:AOK:

Thanks for the thoughts..

The ending was a deliberate (yet somewhat failed) attempt at going into REM and starting to dream.. *L*

I appreciate your time and ear!

333maxwell
October 30th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I thought it sounded very good, nice feel and mix. I felt that the ending might sound good with a faint strum of a chord at the very end of the fade. Just my thought. Very nice indeed:AOK:

M

Hmmmm *thinking*,..

Pending the re-mix i'll play with that idea a bit..

Thanks!

333maxwell
October 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Loved the chord progression. Great mix and overall production, and the song itself is very good.

Don't apologize for what you write. You have talent, my friend.

I now dub thee "Mood Master."

Kat.. you want 'mood' you should live with my wife..

Uhhh.. no.. wait, thats 'moody'.. nevermind! *G*

Thanks for your ear and your time!

Steve206
October 30th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Hey Max,,

The picture of you on the soundclick box has you looking a little like ROY. Then, I think that I heard an influence or two, could be me. Sounding like an almost wall of sound these days. I listened well into the seventh minute, but no more was forthcoming????

Steve

333maxwell
October 30th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Hey Max,,

The picture of you on the soundclick box has you looking a little like ROY. Then, I think that I heard an influence or two, could be me. Sounding like an almost wall of sound these days. I listened well into the seventh minute, but no more was forthcoming????

Steve

Steve.. the picture IS Roy..

When I was putting this song together and working chord changes I kept saying to myself 'this is Sounding like an Orbison kinda song' towards the end I actualy was trying to think of chord changes he may of used and went from there.

The most delightful part of your evaluation to me is the song is only over 3 minutes long, you say you listened until way into the 7th minute..

Maybe some glitch and the player repeated???

Thanks for your time and ear!

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I like this song. I really have no critique to add. I like the chord progression too. In one part, it reminds me briefly of "Four Strong Winds" just a bit. But I also see why you put a pic of Roy up there. It has a vintage feel for sure.

EDIT:
Upon listening to the ending, I can see how the song wants to resolve to a soft and clean strum of the first chord, but it is cool you ended it differently, on purpose. I say leave it as is.

BluesHowler
October 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I really likes it! It sounds almost like if Roy Orbison and John Hiatt had a child who could play guitar and sing.

oldguy
October 31st, 2008, 03:51 AM
Hey Max,,

I listened well into the seventh minute, but no more was forthcoming????

Steve

I know what you mean Steve206. The first listen you get to the end sounds, and you wonder if there's more coming. Then the soundclick player gets to around 6 min. on the crawler and no fade in. It had me wondering the first time around. Max keeps your attention, that's for sure.:bravo:

333maxwell
November 1st, 2008, 09:44 AM
I know what you mean Steve206. The first listen you get to the end sounds, and you wonder if there's more coming. Then the soundclick player gets to around 6 min. on the crawler and no fade in. It had me wondering the first time around. Max keeps your attention, that's for sure.:bravo:

ACK!!!

I see what you guys mean now.. I had no clue .. I musta kept the record button on after the guitar solo was recorded and didn't know it..

This may explain why I had to compress the song like a big dog as it kept saying it was going to be a 17mb MP3.. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the file was so big.. *L*

I'm a dummy.. sorry!

oldguy
November 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
No problem, maxwell........ the first 3 min. of the song were worth it.:beer:
The silence at the end was just suspense building.:D