PDA

View Full Version : Live clip of the Blues gig

Jimi75
October 30th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Hey friends,

I have received the unmixed versions of our first gig with the new Blues band Jimmy Steeltown. As already told in another thread, I had a severe black out during the set :confused:

Here's one of our songs called "when the lights turn down", it has some little mistakes in it, and the vocals are still pretty loud, I hope you will enjoy it anyways.

I played a Fender 65 Twin Reverb on a very low volume (the mixer had problems mixing the sound with the amph on volume 3 :whatever: )

http://www.box.net/shared/uob56fin6g

oldguy
October 30th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Sounded great to me, Jimi! Sorry to hear about the blackout, I missed the thread on that. Your playing sure sounded great on that clip, though.
Nice job!:bravo:

Katastrophe
October 30th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Great stuff, Jimi! I dug it. :AOK:

Robert
October 30th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Sounds good Jimi! I hear some Clapton influences in there?

Are you singing too?

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Jimi, I personally like this very much. I really enjoy the vintage tone, and the style of play. The song immediately hooked me with its groove. If I was there, I would have grabbed my wife and headed immediately to the dance floor. I would love to hear more if you have time to post it.

Jimi75
October 30th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I do only sing backgroudn vocals in this band - so no vocals from my side in this song.

@Steve:
I really would love to see poeple dance to our music, but here in Germany poeple have unfortunately a quite little understanding of the Blues, and those who have do not dance. One day it will hopefully happen.

Thank oyu all for your nice comments. I will make more clips available when we have some of them mixed and mastered.

marnold
October 30th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I liked it, Jimi, especially the solo bits!

warren0728
October 30th, 2008, 08:12 AM
sounded great jimi...

If I was there, I would have grabbed my wife and headed immediately to the dance floor.
if i would have been there i too would have grabbed steve's wife and headed immediately to the dance floor. :poke: :pancake: :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
October 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Ha Ha, Ms. SVL is a very fine candidate, but we might then have had to rumble! ;) :beer:

warren0728
October 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Ha Ha, Ms. SVL is a very fine candidate, but we might then have had to rumble! ;) :beer:
:punch: :beer: :D

street music
November 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Enjoyed that one Jimi, very nice job.:bravo: