PDA

View Full Version : Fret wire of the CV 50's Strat

Guitar-Chris
October 31st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hello!

I took a closer look at the fret wire of my CV 50's Strat. And then I compared them to my other guitars. What I found out is, that the fret wire seems to be more flat / square than on my other guitars. I drawed a sample picture. On the left side you see the look of my CV fret wire, on the right the normal known by my other guitars. Ok, it's not that extreme, but the picture should make the difference clear.

To make it clear: They ar as high (or even higher) than my other's guitar fretwire, but the top is more flat than round.

Does your fret wire look like these too?

Guitar-Chris
November 5th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hm, was my drawing that bad? :confused:

No other CV User that has take a look at the fret wire?

ShortBuSX
November 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
On the 2 CV Teles that I spent weekends with, the frets where what Id call jumbo and then shaved down like they were leveled planed...which kinda gave them that squared boxy profile instead of a roundness.

ZMAN
November 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the world of medium Jumbo Frets. That seems to be the trend in most guitars today.

Guitar-Chris
November 6th, 2008, 05:56 AM
On the 2 CV Teles that I spent weekends with, the frets where what Id call jumbo and then shaved down like they were leveled planed...which kinda gave them that squared boxy profile instead of a roundness.

Thanks for your answer, that's exactly the way they look.

Guitar-Chris
November 6th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Welcome to the world of medium Jumbo Frets. That seems to be the trend in most guitars today.

That's true, but all of the other medium jumbos I've got have the same width, but are much rounder at the top, so that the string only touches a very small top of the wire. On the CV the string touches a wider range of the fretwire top.

In the moment it don't have effect on the sound, but I was wondering if this way of fretwire-finishing is normal or has effect on the intonation.