PDA

View Full Version : Jackets

pes_laul
October 31st, 2008, 09:32 PM
ok so every morning at around 7 ish I walk outside and freeze my *** off waiting for my slow bus driver then It donned on me-I need a jacket:thwap:

So until I get some extra cash on me I'm searching for jackets.

Any suggestions for warm yet decent looking ones?

Tone2TheBone
October 31st, 2008, 11:32 PM
Teenagers wear jackets? Really?! Just kidding...get something with skulls or guitars and you're good to go dude.

Dauntless
November 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
Leather!!!

Katastrophe
November 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Black leather motorcycle riding jacket. Some have removable liners for warmth. Also, good ones will have extra thick leather on the elbows and back. As accident prone as you are, this might help protect you a bit.:poke: :D

pes_laul
November 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM
Black leather motorcycle riding jacket. Some have removable liners for warmth. Also, good ones will have extra thick leather on the elbows and back. As accident prone as you are, this might help protect you a bit.:poke: :D
I actually used to have one but I know you guys are never gonna let me live this one down but I was showing off and flexing in front of some chicks and the whole thing just ripped down the back. that was a little akward

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
I actually used to have one but I know you guys are never gonna let me live this one down but I was showing off and flexing in front of some chicks and the whole thing just ripped down the back. that was a little akward

Dude, you crack me up. You come up with some of the funniest stuff, even when you hurt yourself (ribs) you have a great story to go with it.

I'll give you a suggestion, go out and get a pink jacket with a frilly hood and then post some stories after about two weeks of wearing it. Oh, and wrap those ribs because you are sure to take some shots.:poke:

TS808
November 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
definitely black leather.

warren0728
November 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
'll give you a suggestion, go out and get a pink jacket with a frilly hood and then post some stories after about two weeks of wearing it. Oh, and wrap those ribs because you are sure to take some shots.:poke:
either that or i can check with my 9 year old daughter and see if she knows where you can get an official jonas brothers tour jacket....you can't go wrong with either one.... :rotflmao: :poke:

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
either that or i can check with my 9 year old daughter and see if she knows where you can get an official jonas brothers tour jacket....you can't go wrong with either one.... :rotflmao: :poke:

and maybe a Goofey sweatshirt.

bigoldron
November 1st, 2008, 07:58 PM
and maybe a Goofey sweatshirt.

Why not a Hanna Montana one? :rotflmao:

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM

Good thinking Ronnie, it would go with the pink jacket.

warren0728
November 1st, 2008, 08:05 PM
maybe the hanna montana one will be reversible.....hanna montana on one side....turn it inside out and it becomes a myley cyrus one.... :D

bigoldron
November 1st, 2008, 08:09 PM
maybe the hanna montana one will be reversible.....hanna montana on one side....turn it inside out and it becomes a myley cyrus one.... :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Face it, Pes! You're screwed!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pes_laul
November 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM

bigoldron
November 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM

)))))))))))) and ~~~~~~~. But don't forget &&&&&&&!

Later young dude!

Andy
November 2nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
carhart, I love mine

Algonquin
November 2nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Find yourself a good '3 in 1' jacket with a bit of venting Kris... layering is the way to go.

You're in Michegan after all, so you're going to need a hat too... should be easy to find one with a logo you like there. Cold feet in the winter?... put a hat on. The brain is selfish, once your head is warm the brain will allow proper circulation to the rest of the body.

oldguy
November 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
carhart, I love mine

Agee...........but impossible to find w/ all the cool disney characters on them nowadays.:bravo:

warren0728
November 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Agee...........but impossible to find w/ all the cool disney characters on them nowadays.:bravo:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just sayin'....

M29
November 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
If you are not concerned about style a good goose down jacket is good. Like Algonquin says get a hat. Even if it is a skateboarders style knit hat it will really help to keep you warm.
Carhart's are in black now they are cool..well I mean warm. Being old I would not be concerned about style as most teenagers are, get something warm. Yes layer layer layer too....

M

just strum
November 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
If you are not concerned about style a good goose down jacket is good. Like Algonquin says get a hat. Even if it is a skateboarders style knit hat it will really help to keep you work.
Carhart's are in black now they are cool..well I mean warm. Being old I would not be concerned about style as most teenagers are, get something warm. Yes layer layer layer too....

M

I never thought the day would come that I would sound like my parents, but you just wrote what I tell my kids - the two coat less wonders.

pes_laul
November 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
well today I took your guys advice and got a nice black carhart

its not your typical super bulky with a hood but its pretty styling.

I couldn't find one with goofy on it though:thwap:

Katastrophe
November 2nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
That's okay... You're pretty goofy on the inside, and that's all that matters.:poke: :D

Kazz
November 2nd, 2008, 08:57 PM

Too funny

pes_laul
November 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
speaking of accidet prone today at band practice we had just relocated to a new place and they have wheel chairs there. well I've been there before and I can do all sorts of stuff and aaron was just learning to wheelie and being the show off I am I started doing crazy donuts while doing a wheelie and I eventually got out of control and went one wheel and just bit it.

well my jacket protected my chest and stomach but now my head has a bump on it the size of a baseball:thwap:

bigoldron
November 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
speaking of accidet prone today at band practice we had just relocated to a new place and they have wheel chairs there. well I've been there before and I can do all sorts of stuff and aaron was just learning to wheelie and being the show off I am I started doing crazy donuts while doing a wheelie and I eventually got out of control and went one wheel and just bit it.

well my jacket protected my chest and stomach but now my head has a bump on it the size of a baseball:thwap:

Dude, you are a SERIOUS threat to yourself and others. Remind me to never let you hold one of my guitars... :poke:

M29
November 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
No Goofy:thwap:

Well, I learned something today....Yup wheel chairs are really for crazed guitar players.
You are on your way to the top Kris... styling, warm and lumpy. Way to go:AOK:

Glacies
November 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
If you are not concerned about style a good goose down jacket is good. Like Algonquin says get a hat. Even if it is a skateboarders style knit hat it will really help to keep you warm.

M

I'm personally a big fan of leather jackets, and with the exception of overcoats, they're all I buy. They're not poofy and really deal with the biting wind quite well. Plus I love the feel.

I did see some carharts in the local true value - sheesh - expensive but I bet they can stop bullet. What the hell is that stuff, kevlar?

pes_laul
November 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Dude, you are a SERIOUS threat to yourself and others. Remind me to never let you hold one of my guitars... :poke:
well when it comes to guitars and music Im one the most responsible people you can find but...when it comes to everyday life not so much.:thwap:

though in all my "accidents: usually they're not my fault

bigoldron
November 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
I literally feel your pain. I'm known as something of a klutz too. I don't drop guitars, but I do trip, stumble, fall and other stupid, goofy things. (Wait, there's that dog name again. Ain't his name ain't Jonas.) :eek: :messedup:

I've had many injuries as the result of my own "grace and charm". Hang in there, kid, it don't get no better. :whatever:

Algonquin
November 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Now go find a hat that you'll wear... Dude, it's Michegan afterall!

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
Carhart is good stuff. Some guys even consider it ski wear out here in Idhuho!

poodlesrule
November 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Now go find a hat that you'll wear...

No kidding.
Head heat loss is big. Ask any camper...!

Make a big difference in comfort while tenting in early Spring. late Fall.. brrr!

In winter, here in the Northeast, I keep two old hats in the car, just in case...

bigoldron
November 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Why don't you get a set of Mickey Mouse ears? :rotflmao: Or, a Jonas Brothers skull cap? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Maybe a Hannah Montana scarf to go with it? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
November 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Like one of those Elmer Fudd tukes? Or one with the fur flap turned up in the front?