PDA

View Full Version : Sold my babies

Robert
November 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Both my '51 and my Vox AD50VT are now gone! :eek:

I have hung on to them for a long time and I love them dearly. However, sometimes a guy just has to move on and try some new stuff. I only sold them because I want to try some other things, not because of them lacking in any respect.

Do you ever find it hard to give up gear?

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM
So is the Suhr still on the top of the GAS list, or could there be an amp that begins with an "M" being announced soon??

Curious minds want to know.

tunghaichuan
November 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM

Yes and no. It is only after I've gotten rid of a piece and realize how hard it will be to replace it do I regret getting rid of it in the first place.

tung

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Oh, and regarding the giving up gear question.

Yes, everytime. Come on, we're only human.

warren0728
November 1st, 2008, 09:34 AM
i guess i would have to give up some gear to know.... :thwap:

Brian Krashpad
November 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Both my '51 and my Vox AD50VT are now gone! :eek:

I have hung on to them for a long time and I love them dearly. However, sometimes a guy just has to move on and try some new stuff. I only sold them because I want to try some other things, not because of them lacking in any respect.

Oh yeah, I'm a hoarder by nature. Slowly, I'm getting a little better. This last year I've sold a guitar (a beatiful DeArmond M-72 with an antique brown burst and a nice light flame top-- but it was redundant of my Jet Star, which has the same pups), a combo bass amp (I still have two other bass amps), and a Laney 4x12 I used to keep at my prior church for performing in services. And for a change I didn't sell them because I had some other pending deal I wanted to pay off! I also have some extra PA gear (including some monitors I have literally never used) I need to unload.

Garage sale time!

warren0728
November 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah, I'm a hoarder by nature. Slowly, I'm getting a little better. This last year I've sold a guitar (a beatiful DeArmond M-72 with an antique brown burst and a nice light flame top-- but it was redundant of my Jet Star, which has the same pups), a combo bass amp (I still have two other bass amps), and a Laney 4x12 I used to keep at my prior church for performing in services. And for a change I didn't sell them because I had some other pending deal I wanted to pay off! I also have some extra PA gear (including some monitors I have literally never used) I need to unload.

Garage sale time!
hey brian....since everyone knows i'm a giver :messedup: ....i would like to offer my help to cure you of your hoarding....i'll make a little road trip up to g'ville and take that ric off your hands!! :AOK: :poke: :beer:

Katastrophe
November 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
Say it ain't so, Robert!

Legions of Dolphinstreet fans 'round the world have shed a single tear for the old equipment.

But, we can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Please, don't get rid of the Reverend, man!

Guitar-Chris
November 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Robert]Both my '51 and my Vox AD50VT are now gone!
QUOTE]

I can't believe it. The 51 and the AD50VT were THE REASON for entering this board. I alwas liked the way, the users here loved there cheapos. No "i have an 54 Les Paul, other ones are sh**" threads.

marnold
November 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Mark today down! Bobby officially sells out.

Spudman
November 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM

Huh? You're asking me?
Ya, it's hard...like pulling teeth or touching a car door when you know you have a static electricity build up or telling your wife that you aren't going to her family get-together or cutting off an arm or running a marathon or meeting Paul McCartney.

You are probably going to regret giving up the Vox but that's okay. You can always get another one.

Robert
November 1st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Well, there are cool gear built everyday and I can't fit or afford everything I want, so I have to make room for new toys. It the end, they are all just vehicles for expression and enjoyment.

The Vox is awesome but if I ever miss it enough, I'd look at eBay and get one of those 60 or 120 VTX which can store more user settings.

Katastrophe
November 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
The Vox is awesome but if I ever miss it enough, I'd look at eBay and get one of those 60 or 120 VTX which can store more user settings.

Amen on the 120 VTX... That is one fine amph! Or, there is the Vox Black Diamond...:AOK:

Tone2TheBone
November 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
You know...I seldom read this section of the forum and I am completely shocked.

The '51 and the Vox are sold now?

:eek:

Rob you know all the cool stuff I've sold off too so I can't really call the kettle black dude. I'm still betting on the Marshall for you though.

Guitar-Chris
November 2nd, 2008, 02:56 AM

Hey Rob, the new VT50 (and the rest of the VT series) is at the start. Key features:

22 Amp Models
Totally 66 Presets (!)
8 User programmable presets
Effects section and a seperate reverb effect.

The 30 watt model is allready on the market. The 50 watt version will be available soon.

Take a look here!
(http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronix/vt-series/)

marnold
November 3rd, 2008, 10:20 AM
The big thing I like about the VT series is that the line-out is after the tube power-amp section now and includes speaker emulation. I've had a big problem with recording anything from my AD30VT that actually sounds like what I hear through the speaker.

Robert
November 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah the VT looks great. There's so much cool stuff out there now, it's amazing.

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Onward and upward Robert!