PDA

View Full Version : 1more Live Clip from the Blues gig

Jimi75
November 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hey folks,

As requested here's one more song from the recent gig we have played. Please be kind with your comments, it's a live recording with all the little mistakes you make when you play live.

Our song is called "Falling". I hope you like it.

http://www.box.net/shared/268x74l70k

Greetz
Jimi

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Listened to it one time through and thought it was good. I'm listening to it the second time as I type and I like it even better than the first time. I will listen to it a couple more times, but I think it's safe to say I will like it more with each time I play it.

Nice job. I missed the other post or posts, I'll have to search for them and give them a listen.

just strum
November 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM
I went back and listened to the first one, but I have to say I like "Falling" better. It's probably more in the direction I am trying to take my playing, so I guess I can relate to it better.

Did four listens of "Falling", great song.

ET335
November 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM
I really like that one a lot Jimi...great song and playing...vocals are nice to:AOK:

by the way,did you do the vocals on this one?

warren0728
November 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
nice job jimi....i think i liked this one more too....but i liked them both! :bravo: :beer:

oldguy
November 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Jimi, thanks for sharing this with us. :)
After a long week away from home I came in the house tonight, and this seemed to match my mood. I've listened to it 4 times now, and I'm lovin' the vibe. I think your playing sounds great, and was wondering if the background vocals are you.
Never mind the "little mistakes" you refer to, that's what makes live music KICK A$$! The little nuances, finger vibrato, etc. that you played on this tune just grabbed my attention.
In other words...........
I really enjoyed it. :beer:
Thanks again.

GREENMACHINE
November 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Nice on Jimi, that is an awesome song!!! Nice solo work!

street music
November 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Good one Jimi:rockon:

Andy
November 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
good stuff :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
November 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Nice Jimi! Cool transitions and progressions. I would have enjoyed being at this gig. :beer:

M29
November 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Sounds great Jimi, nice arrangement, tasty phrasing and guitar work, very nice indeed I really enjoyed it.

M

Duff
November 5th, 2008, 02:47 AM
That sounded definitely like a stage quality performance.

Going back to the other idea discussed elsewhere it is clear that you are a serious muscian with a lot of potential for serious stage work, if you aren't already involved in a lot of stage acts already.

I've got to find out how to put this stuff on CD's so I can listen while driving and turn others onto it.

This dude that works right across from my place of work, thirty feet, plays professionally in a nationally touring band some of you may have seen or heard of. I can't remember the name but will get it tomorrow.

Great performance!

Duff

Jimi75
November 5th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Wow! I am overwhelmed by your comments on our music. Thank you so much!

We put our hearts in the music and what counts for us is the song and of course transporting emotions and feelings. It's true - the more you identify with a song or the message of a song the more you love it and the more people honour your performance.

Duff
November 5th, 2008, 05:59 AM
The truth has a way of coming out no matter what plan you might have to camroflage it. It speaks for itself.

Duff