PDA

View Full Version : epiphone sg?

warren0728
November 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
this guitar is on my local craigslist.... does anyone know anything about this model?

all the epiphones i've seen have the standard epiphone logo....this one is different....

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/903049142.html

just curious....

Andy
November 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
thats legit , It's from the "E" series.
they had names like slasher , brat...ect..
the sg version (posted) is called the "Bully"

I remember a thread on some forum about them not too long ago

just strum
November 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
I don't see a pic.

Edit, now I do - stay away from it - CRAP!!!

warren0728
November 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
andy is right....just googled epiphone bully....it's an asian model and has a laminate body....not solid wood....with high output humbuckers....not for me...i'm gonna pass....

Andy
November 2nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=82007

Algonquin
November 2nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
not for me...i'm gonna pass....
You are wise beyond your years!... good call :AOK:

just strum
November 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
You are wise beyond your years!... good call :AOK:

no one could be that wise.

Duff
November 5th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I really like that crackle finished Epi LP. Do they still make them? That is one awesome looking LP.

Never heard of the "E" series before, like that. I've heard of the "EE" plant, the supposedly Epi owned Chinesse plant that is operated by American mgt and runs great, circumventing the massive communications problems present when trying to carry on business with contract guitar operations owned by big Chinesse companies. Communications ends up with things like "LG's" and Epiclones. Overall though those Chinesse factories make some nice guitars, especially the EE, UC, and the CY plants.

That LP looks great.

Duffy

Brian Krashpad
November 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
That series didn't last long. Definitely designed to capture the middle school rivethead market.

warren0728
November 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
That series didn't last long. Definitely designed to capture the middle school rivethead market.
yeah after a little research....definitely not the direction i want to go....