PDA

View Full Version : Football announcers!!

evenkeel
November 2nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
This is a quote folks. Cowboys vs. Giants game.

"This is gonna to be a BALL game folks, so touchdowns are gonna be important".

Glad we got that figured out.

Andy
November 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
sounds like John Madden, he is notorius for that

..."you got to get the ball downfield to score"

..." your recievers have to catch the ball"

R_of_G
November 2nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
That's why I prefer to watch the games with the sound off and some good music on. The announcers typically ruin the game and the so-called "analysis" is usually pointless.

Just once when they ask someone "what does this team have to do to win today?" I would love to hear someone respond "they need to score more points than their opponent." That's all that ever matters so why even bother with all the rest of the nonsense.

just strum
November 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
That's why I prefer to watch the games with the sound off and some good music on. The announcers typically ruin the game and the so-called "analysis" is usually pointless.

Just once when they ask someone "what does this team have to do to win today?" I would love to hear someone respond "they need to score more points than their opponent." That's all that ever matters so why even bother with all the rest of the nonsense.

Game on the radio, game on the TV

Love the avatar!!!

Spudman
November 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
"This is gonna to be a BALL game folks, so touchdowns are gonna be important".

Too bad only one team figured that out. lol :rotflmao:

Childbride
November 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
i watch the horns game last night to the bitter end. penitente.

we host the 'boys at our house today, and shiner even makes cowboy stew.

would romo grow a pair already and get his butt back in this game?

piebaldpython
November 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
CB, as Louis Gossett Jr says to Richard Gere in "AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN"............"only two things come out Texas, steers and queers."

Nuff' said!!! ahaahhahhahah

just strum
November 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
CB, as Louis Gossett Jr says to Richard Gere in "AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN"............"only two things come out Texas, steers and queers."

Nuff' said!!! ahaahhahhahah

So what's in the stew?

Childbride
November 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
So what's in the stew?

since i can only whip myself so much,

shiner will have to correct me. b/c it's his secret recipe.

but he has a pot the size of a washtub, gets two different cuts of roast, chops them up.

potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, celery, carrots, [thinks really hard to what he was cutting up when i got back from gram's]

cloves of garlic, jalepenos, onions, and some other peppers.

seasoned with beef broth, shiner bock, (of course) and 'other stuff'. :)

evenkeel
November 2nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
would romo grow a pair already and get his butt back in this game?

As I understand it he has a boo boo on his pinkie. :D :thwap:

Childbride
November 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
As I understand it he has a boo boo on his pinkie. :D :thwap:

[rankle] as i understand the gossip mill, brett favre called him personally and told him that he'd played with broken fingers before, and to suck it up, hayseed.

o, my bad, he apparently was given a pair at birth but jessica currently has them in her possession. :mad: :reallymad: :flamemad:

dude. you're paid how much? to do one thing. play.

[i have to quit typing now, it could get ugly]

just strum
November 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
o, my bad, he apparently was given a pair at birth but jessica currently has them in her possession. :mad: :reallymad: :flamemad:

Well, someone tell Jessica to give them back, I'll give her mine.

Childbride
November 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well, someone tell Jessica to give them back, I'll give her mine.

:rotflmao:

thank you.

you shuffled me out of my 'rankledness'. :D i now have my 'save the planet, it's the only one with beer' tshirt on instead of ANYONE'S jersey, and am going to watch a rerun of house with shiner. and plan my next lesson with my step-niece. :)

[the card was the shizzle, by the way. ;)]

luvmyshiner
November 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Well, I made a big old pot of Cowboy Stew but it wasn't enough to save the day. So hear ya' go, two roasts, head of cabbage, five pounds of potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, tomatoes, two jalapenos, garlic, two bottles of Shiner, water and various spices. We'll be eatin' of this puppy for a week.:beer:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PB020002.jpg

Andy
November 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'd offer to help... if I could

Childbride
November 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I'd offer to help... if I could

:rotflmao: i would too, Andy.

heck, i can throw a pass better than bj.

and to our team. bonus. :D :D :D

marnold
November 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
heck, i can throw a pass better than bj.
Initials can be dangerous.

On a semi-related note: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/tony_womo_out_three_to_four_weeks

R_of_G
November 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Game on the radio, game on the TV

Sometimes I do that, though the radio broadcasts are typically the broadcast of one of the teams as opposed to a neutral broadcast team and thus, you get very partial announcers, which often sullies the game for me even if my team is the "right" team. I quickly get tired of hearing the announcer dispute every penalty called against one team. It's why I drifted towards music instead of announcers. I know the game well enough to bypass announcers. If I don't know who a particular player is, I have my laptop and can look him up on the internets.

Love the avatar!!!

Thanks. I can and will say the same about yours. :AOK:

Childbride
November 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
On a semi-related note: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/tony_womo_out_three_to_four_weeks

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

thank you, marnold, that was just priceless. :D