PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis the season....

duhvoodooman
November 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!

What better gift for a guitar player friend or relative (or yourself!!) than a genuine hand-built DVM effects pedal??

I'm going to be putting an order for some kits into BYOC within the next few days. Get your order in now and I'll knock $5 off the price due to shipping cost consolidation.

Just check out the BYOC kit lineup (http://www.buildyourownclone.com/index1.html) and PM me about the one(s) you're interested in. I'll give you a quote for either an assembled & tested but unfinished pedal, or for a fully painted & decaled pedal, as you prefer. Most unpainted pedals will go for $90 - $105 range, with most of the fully finished kits going for $110 - $125 (plus shipping, US & Canada only). You won't beat that pricing for hand-built, top-quality, great-sounding effects anywhere. "No brag, just fact", as Will Sonnett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_Will_Sonnett) used to say. More details HERE (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8136).

hubberjub
November 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
How much for a 5 knob comp? You can just pm me if you would prefer. If you could quote me a price on a finished and non finished pedal that would be great.
Thanks
Patrick

Spudman
November 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Well...you already know what I want. So will I be able to get a stocking stuffer this year?

Radioboy950
November 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Vood,

I have one of the TS-9 pedals from the 80’s. It actually sounds great on the clean channel of my solid state Peavey. However it really does not sound good with my Rivera amp.

So, I’m looking for a new overdrive for my tube amp…something more like a Zendrive or Jetter. Do the BYOC folks offer a kit like that , or something close ??

Thanks

duhvoodooman
November 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
So, I’m looking for a new overdrive for my tube amp…something more like a Zendrive or Jetter. Do the BYOC folks offer a kit like that , or something close ??
The BYOC line is based upon various classic effects as opposed to more modern boutique pedals like the two you mentioned. You can check out their various overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals here:

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/indexdist.html

If you're looking for something more on the transparent/mild overdrive side, one you might find interesting is their Triboost (http://www.buildyourownclone.com/triboost.html), which offers three separate boost circuits in one pedal, including the classic Dallas Rangemaster germanium boost, and the latter with three different EQ voicings. The five different setting make for one very flexible boost pedal; I'm not aware of anything else like it. Great for pushing the front-end of your amp.

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Thank you, Hubberjub! :AOK:

Any other Fretters out there who want to jump on the bandwagon? Would love to get a couple more to further reduce the cost-per-pedal for shipping from BYOC--Moses Lake, WA is a l-o-o-o-n-g way from Schenectady NY! ;)

The new "v.2.0" kits for the Large Beaver (Big Muff fuzz clone) and the Mouse (ProCo Rat clone) are just fantastic. I own the former and built one of the latter for Sunvalleylaw, and they're both just amazingly flexible distortion boxes. The Beaver uses a new 4-position rotary switch to change the EQ voicing on the pedal and gives a MUCH broader range of tones than the classic Muff. And the Mouse offers a 6-way rotary to switch between 6 different clipping modes--3 harder edge distortion, and 3 somewhat softer overdrive. Both are like having multiple pedals in one box. Very cool.

There are many more great choices. The BYOC Overdrive (Tube Screamer TS-808 clone) continues to be their best-seller, for good reason. If you don't want to go with my "Zonkin' Yellow Screamer" deluxe version, the stock build is still a great sounding TS for substantially less than what Ibanez gets for the TS-808 reissue. The Tremolo kit is based upon the legendary "Electronics Australia" circuit and sounds fantastic. The Classic Phaser is a clone of the "script" version of the MXR Phase 90 and is often sold out due to its popularity. And that just scratches the surface of the 20 kits currently offered by BYOC. Here's a product description table from the November digital edition (http://digital.premierguitar.com/premierguitar/200811/) of Premier Guitar magazine that lists them all:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/7449105beae078d.gif

Note that I do charge a bit more for the builds on the three kits marked as "difficult", due to the additional time involved with these more complex kits. And the wah pedal is more expensive, driven by the higher cost of the kit itself.

And if you want to save a few bucks and also have some fun, go over to the BYOC site, buy a kit and build it yourself!! :dude:

Tibernius
November 4th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Just out of curiosity, what would the postage be to the UK? An estimate of it at least?

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
OK, we're rollin' now! Gil Janus is in for a Script Phaser--thanks, dude! :AOK:

Who else wants to make it a Merry Musical Christmas with a genuine built-by-DVM pedal? PM me for a quote!

(Warren, you KNOW you want one, dude!! Poke, poke....)

warren0728
November 4th, 2008, 02:19 PM
(Warren, you KNOW you want one, dude!! Poke, poke....)
lol...i was just thinking that....not sure which one though.... :whatever:

piebaldpython
November 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hmmmmmm.......tempting.....very tempting.......which of the BYOC is closest to; say a Bad Monkey?? The Tr-iboost?? What's a Tonebender do and/or why is that a COOL thing to have??

Tibernius
November 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Most unpainted pedals will go for $90 - $105 range, with most of the fully finished kits going for $110 - $125 (plus shipping, US & Canada only).

No possibility of sending one to the UK? :(

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hmmmmmm.......tempting.....very tempting.......which of the BYOC is closest to; say a Bad Monkey?? The Tr-iboost?? What's a Tonebender do and/or why is that a COOL thing to have??
Closest to a Bad Monkey would be the BYOC Overdrive. I'd definitely put the Monkey in the "Tube Screamer derivative" category.

The TriBoost is a very cool boost pedal, with three different switchable boost modes. Two are fairly clean in their sound, but the Rangemaster mode (germanium transistor boost) has some definite "dirt" to it, and can be run to boost just your treble, your mid-range, or the full tonal spectrum. The power LED even changes color (red, green, blue) depending on which of the boost circuits is active. It's not an overdrive pedal per se, but you can use its gain to push your amp's front-end into overdrive. Very cool pedal, and nobody sells anything like it, that I've ever seen.

The Bender is a clone of a late 60's British Fuzz pedal--the Sola Sound Tonebender Professional MkII, used extensively by Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, etc. Very thick, woolly sounding fuzz--not subtle! Basically like a Fuzz Face with an extra gain stage.

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
No possibility of sending one to the UK? :(
Check your PM's....

warren0728
November 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
ok....so for pedals i have a bad monkey, a danelectro 18v cool cat chorus pedal, a behringer dm100 distortion modeler (ds1, d+ and rat modes) and my rp250....any suggestions on my next pedal....

sunvalleylaw
November 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
lol...i was just thinking that....not sure which one though.... :whatever:

I am certain that you want a rabid Rodent. It is so diverse! It would take the place of that Behringer but do it all better.

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
The Rodent is for sure a super-flexible overdrive-to-distortion box, highly recommended! But I see Warren has that genre pretty well covered with his RP-250 and Behringer modelers, which I'm sure have beaucoups different OD, distortion and fuzz effects (won't get into the digital vs. analog tone quality debate! :D). So I'd be looking at something outside the realm of OD-distortion-fuzz boxes.

Warren, don't know which might fit you best, but something along the lines of the phaser, ping-pong delay, tremolo or (a personal favorite) their Triboost might be a good choice and add to your tonal arsenal.

sunvalleylaw
November 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Ok, I forgot what the RP250 did, so now I vote that Warren gets a delay, or the Tri-Boost. But he could probably set up one of his pedals he has to work like a boost. And someone else has to get DVM's Rodent. It is just too good!

warren0728
November 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM
i need to do some research.... :beer:

Robert
November 4th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Warren! I found the thing for you! It comes with TWO pedals! :D :D

http://www.pedaltractors.com/pink_purple_pedal_tractor.jpg

Ch0jin
November 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Just to help anyone on the edge of ordering either the Trem or the Delay pedals I have the same Trem and a very similar Delay (no ping pong mods though) and they are both amazingly musical pedals. I wasn't just impressed, I was amazed at how cool they sound.

Note I didn't get these from DVM or via BYOC though. BYOC wont ship to me so mine were GGG versions. I hear from DVM that the quality of the BYOC kits is even better though!

Katastrophe
November 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Warren! I found the thing for you! It comes with TWO pedals! :D :D

http://www.pedaltractors.com/pink_purple_pedal_tractor.jpg

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything, or else I'd be buying a new monitor.

That's just FOH-NAY!:rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hey, Warren! Comes with a guitar & amp, too!! And I'm sure I can paint a pedal to match for ya!!

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/6/3/7/540637.jpg http://www.ballewsmusic.com/v/vspfiles/photos/VoxDA5Pink-2.jpg

warren0728
November 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
you guys are bad....that's what i like about you!! :beer: :pancake: :rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
November 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Well, to get things back on track here ( :thwap: When did I lose control??) --

Planning on getting the BYOC order in by Friday, so if you're still thinkin' about this, think fast!! :poke: :D

warren0728
November 5th, 2008, 08:07 AM
i'm thinking fast....but deciding slow....:whatever: :thwap:

duhvoodooman
November 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
OK, CB is in for a Rabid Rodent!! :dude: :AOK: Thanks, Kimmie!

So who's next? Gotta get those orders in soon so I can place the BYOC order on Friday! Don't be shy! :D

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
CB, you are going to have fun with that thing!

SuperSwede
November 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Hey, Warren! Comes with a guitar & amp, too!! And I'm sure I can paint a pedal to match for ya!!

Hey DVM, that guitar pickup looks like a emg or some kind of lace sensor?
Lets buy one each and start a band :bravo:

Tone2TheBone
November 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM
My Christmas present came early with the Sonic Tonic thank you Bob! I envy you guys ordering these new pedals.

warren0728
November 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
i wish me a merry christmas....i wish me a merry christmas....i wish me a merry christmas....with some happy new gear....

duhvoodooman
November 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
i wish me a merry christmas....i wish me a merry christmas....i wish me a merry christmas....with some happy new gear....
This must just be some phase you're going though, eh, Warren? ;) :D Start practicing your Pink Floyd tunes! :rockon: :pancake:

OK, Fretters, the pattern is almost full! That makes four orders, and I'm gonna close the door at five. LAST CHANCE!! Don't get shut out! :dude:

warren0728
November 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
This must just be some phase you're going though, eh, Warren? ;) :D Start practicing your Pink Floyd tunes! :rockon: :pancake:
:AOK: ....i think it will be a fun pedal to play around with....is it done yet? :poke: :pancake:

Blaze
November 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Too bad for me Canadian dollar is $0.85 usd .....:thwap:

Blazes

Ch0jin
November 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Too bad for me Canadian dollar is $0.85 usd .....:thwap:

Blazes

LOL dewd, try living in Australia.

A few months back we were almost even, now we are back down to 67c. Add shipping and most guitar gear that wasn't already landed here has just gone up loads.

Merry Xmas :thwap:

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM
LAST CALL!!

I'll be putting in my kit order to BYOC during my lunch hour today (12:15 EST), so if you've been sitting on the fence....time to hop off on one side or the other! :D

CLARIFICATION: So that there's no confusion, I'll be continuing to take pedal orders as they come in (and as my schedule allows for builds). What's "expiring" today is the $5 off deal for consolidating orders and saving on the shipping cost I pay to BYOC....

EDIT 11/7 1:45 PM -- Order placed. My thanks to my four new customers! :AOK: :dude:

duhvoodooman
November 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Here's a quick shot of the assembled PCB on the first build of this group, Hubberjub's 5-Knob Compressor. This kit happens to be among three of BYOC's most difficult builds, so I charge a little bit more to build it. Actually, I didn't find it particularly hard, just a LOT of soldering due to the number of components on the board. Adding to the complexity is the fact that the seven transistors and two IC's are all socketed, because the kit comes with two different types of IC's (you use one or the other, not both) and two different types of transistors. Socketing them allows you to switch between the types. Furthermore, the two types of trannies have different pin configurations, so you have to use 4-pin sockets--one type uses the 3 on one end and the other uses the three at the other end. Take a look at the photo and you can see the vacant socket for each transistor placement.

EDIT 11/17/08: Added full "gut shot" of assembled pedal.

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/5knob_comp_PCB.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/5knob_comp_gut.jpg

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 07:57 AM
I've got three of the four pedal enclosures painted & decaled now. From left to right, they're CB's Rabid Rodent, Gil Janus' Phase 90 clone, and Hubberjub's 5-knob compressor. Warren's phaser isn't painted yet because I need an unfinished enclosure for the assembly process for both phaser kits.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/744926bd2e97f93.jpg

just strum
November 21st, 2008, 08:00 AM
Very nice, very professional look.

It goes without saying, you do some very nice work.

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 08:13 AM
Geez, get off Fret.net & GO GET A JOB!! ;)

Seriously, best of luck today, Strum! :AOK: And thanks for your encouragement!

Gil Janus
November 21st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Very, very nice job.

As they say - I like it like that :dude:

Can't wait - thanks much for a preview.

Gil :cool:

warren0728
November 21st, 2008, 08:54 AM
well everyone else's pedals look great.... :poke:

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
Don't suppose you'd buy it if I told you these first three were just practice so that I could get yours perfect? Nah, didn't think so.... ;)

sunvalleylaw
November 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
That one on the left looks really familiar ;) :AOK: and the other two look great! The script on the Trekkie one really fits the theme well. I like it! That compressor looks like a really interesting pedal.

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
...The script on the Trekkie one really fits the theme well.
Perhaps your use of the term "script" is intentional, SVL, but for those who may not be aware--

Of the versions of the Phase 90 made by MXR over the years, the most revered & sought after has always been the "script" phaser, so named because of the script-style font used by MXR on the pedal graphics. There was a "block" logo version, too, but these don't seem to enjoy quite the same reputation. Deservedly so? I have no idea!

Anyway, when I started laying out the graphics, I specifically went looking for a script-style font to match the MXR script logo. And damned if I wasn't lucky enough to come across the EXACT one--it's called Exmouth. I used it for the "Phasers to" part of the graphics, and Gil picked out another font that he liked for "STUN".

Here's a graphic that shows the match--my mockup using the Exmouth font on the left and a photo of an MXR "script logo" phaser on the right:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/7449134bee4803d.gif

So you see--NOTHING is left to chance on a genuine DVM effect pedal! ;) :D

warren0728
November 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Don't suppose you'd buy it if I told you these first three were just practice so that I could get yours perfect?
uuuhhhh....no.... :poke: :pancake:

sunvalleylaw
November 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
I didn't use "script" in that sense, only because it described the type of lettering that to me, seemed to fit with the Star Trek theme. Interesting to know about the MXR pedal. I had noticed that the BYOC enclosures seem close in size, though not just like, the MXR pedals. It would be fun if there was a kit cloneing the new MXR delay they have out that looks so good.

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM
I had noticed that the BYOC enclosures seem close in size, though not just like, the MXR pedals. It would be fun if there was a kit cloneing the new MXR delay they have out that looks so good.
The usual BYOC enclosure is a standard size, the "125B", used extensivley by small-volume builders and DIY hobbyists. I think pretty much all the big effects makers have their own enclosure designs these days.

Re: the MXR delay, I assume you're referring to their analog delay, the Carbon Copy? While it's not a clone of that pedal, BYOC has their own analog delay in the works. It's currently "in beta" but should be out soon. Not a kit for beginners, though--from what I've seen, almost certainly their most challenging build, and may well be their most expensive offering, too. Uses vintage "bucket brigade" IC chip technology.

sunvalleylaw
November 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
The usual BYOC enclosure is a standard size, the "125B", used extensivley by small-volume builders and DIY hobbyists. I think pretty much all the big effects makers have their own enclosure designs these days.

Re: the MXR delay, I assume you're referring to their analog delay, the Carbon Copy? While it's not a clone of that pedal, BYOC has their own analog delay in the works. It's currently "in beta" but should be out soon. Not a kit for beginners, though--from what I've seen, almost certainly their most challenging build, and may well be their most expensive offering, too. Uses vintage "bucket brigade" IC chip technology.

That is exactly the one I meant, and based on what you say about it being the most expensive offering, it may be tough for guys like me to go the BYOC route for an analog delay when the MXR Carbon Copy, which seems to be well received, goes for about $150 street price. It will be interesting to see what they come up with though.

just strum
November 21st, 2008, 03:49 PM
well everyone else's pedals look great.... :poke:

He's taking his time with yours so that the 2009 price increases will kick in.

We all know you are wealthy.

warren0728
November 21st, 2008, 03:51 PM
hey that's news to me! :thwap:

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 04:08 PM
He must be--it's like pulling teeth to get him to part with any of it! :poke: :D

duhvoodooman
November 22nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Here's Gil's finished "Phasers to Stun" Phase 90 clone. Muy grande swirly goodness:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/PTS_top.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/PTS_gut.jpg
http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/PTS_board.jpg

Gil Janus
November 22nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Here's Gil's finished "Phasers to Stun" Phase 90 clone. Muy grande swirly goodness:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/PTS_top.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/PTS_gut.jpg
http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/PTS_board.jpg

muchas gracias :master:

She looks fabulous, absolutely fabulous :dude: :rockon: :bravo: :AOK:

I can't wait to fondle her, plug her in, and melt into a puddle on the floor :thwap:

Childbride
November 22nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
I've got three of the four pedal enclosures painted & decaled now. From left to right, they're CB's Rabid Rodent, Gil Janus' Phase 90 clone, and Hubberjub's 5-knob compressor. Warren's phaser isn't painted yet because I need an unfinished enclosure for the assembly process for both phaser kits.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/744926bd2e97f93.jpg

looks very cool, DVM... i'm excited! :D :master: :AOK:

warren0728
November 22nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
looks very cool, DVM... i'm excited! :D :master: :AOK:
i'm sure you are....i'm really happy that everyone else has got to see their pedals....really....i'm happy for you all.... :poke: :bootyshake: :punch: :saw: :cry:

just strum
November 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
i'm sure you are....i'm really happy that everyone else has got to see their pedals....really....i'm happy for you all.... :poke: :bootyshake: :punch: :saw: :cry:

Your being a real sport about this.:pancake: :poke:

duhvoodooman
November 23rd, 2008, 06:50 AM
Uh-oh! There's been an unfortunate disaster, Warren--the dog ate your pedal!! Which is particularly weird, because we don't own a dog....

piebaldpython
November 23rd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Hey DVM, dude........you do some outstanding work. The pics of the pedals look awesome. Here's an idea for ya.....you have the RAT pic for your distortion box and the VISE for your compressor clone........so, just saying.........:D ........if you ever do a combo dist/comp clone.......then, the decal is just so obvious.........:rotflmao: .........as in, DUH.....:D ..................

a python putting the squeeze on a rodent.....just sayin'.....:poke:

which reminds me......our 7 snakes are hungry and it's feedin' time......NO, we don't feed 'em LIVE rodents.......only pre-killed from a company that sells rodent-sicles (you store them in a freezer). :D So, in human terms (where the snakes are concerned), it's time to put on the pancakes. :pancake:

warren0728
November 23rd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Uh-oh! There's been an unfortunate disaster, Warren--the dog ate your pedal!! Which is particularly weird, because we don't own a dog....
well at least you came up with an original excuse.... :thwap:

Ch0jin
November 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Hey DVM, dude........you do some outstanding work. The pics of the pedals look awesome. Here's an idea for ya.....you have the RAT pic for your distortion box and the VISE for your compressor clone........so, just saying.........:D ........if you ever do a combo dist/comp clone.......then, the decal is just so obvious.........:rotflmao: .........as in, DUH.....:D ..................

a python putting the squeeze on a rodent.....just sayin'.....:poke:

which reminds me......our 7 snakes are hungry and it's feedin' time......NO, we don't feed 'em LIVE rodents.......only pre-killed from a company that sells rodent-sicles (you store them in a freezer). :D So, in human terms (where the snakes are concerned), it's time to put on the pancakes. :pancake:

Congratulations. Officially the strangest thing I read today. :)

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Here's Warren's finished phaser pedal:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/P+C_top.jpg

No gut shot because it looks just like Gil's!

warren0728
November 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
thanks dvm....it looks great! :beer: :pancake:

sunvalleylaw
November 25th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Gil's and Warren's guts look the same? :saw: :eek:

That looks great Warren and DVM! Both those phaser pedals have great graphics, and I am sure equally excellent guts! :AOK:

bigoldron
November 26th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Here's Warren's finished phaser pedal:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/phaser/P+C_top.jpg

No gut shot because it looks just like Gil's!

Way cool Warren! Nice job DVM! :AOK:

duhvoodooman
November 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I'm on a roll! Got Hubberjub's 5-knob compressor done this afternoon (off from work today). I made one minor modification to the board, changing two resistors to increase the pedal's resistance to generating some signal distortion with hotter pickups (generally humbuckers). Here are a couple of pics:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/5knob_comp_top.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/5knob_comp_gut_final.jpg

hubberjub
November 26th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm on a roll! Got Hubberjub's 5-knob compressor done this afternoon (off from work today). I made one minor modification to the board, changing two resistors to increase the pedal's resistance to generating some signal distortion with hotter pickups (generally humbuckers). Here are a couple of pics:

I'll be driving my wife crazy with the Reelin' in the Years solo in no time.

duhvoodooman
November 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Between the time while the turkey was cooking and the period after I recovered from a tryptophan-induced coma, I managed to finish up Childbride's Rabid Rodent. Sounds freakin' fabulous. Pics:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/mouse_v.2/CB_RR_top.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/mouse_v.2/CB_RR_gut.jpg

Childbride
November 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Between the time while the turkey was cooking and the period after I recovered from a tryptophan-induced coma, I managed to finish up Childbride's Rabid Rodent. Sounds freakin' fabulous. Pics:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/mouse_v.2/CB_RR_top.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/mouse_v.2/CB_RR_gut.jpg
:) looks very cool, DVM! :D

sunvalleylaw
November 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I bet you are going to love it!

Gil Janus
November 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Well I've got my brand new and shiny Script Phaser via DVM.

We picked it up at the post office Wednesday morning, but we had a ton of errands and driving to do, so it rode around in our Explorer for most of the day. :thwap:

I didn't get to unpack it until about 4 PM so I got to look at her and not much more as -- more driving commenced with getting pizza for dinner and going to the store to pick up the last of the missing stuff for Thanksgiving.

It looks and sounds great - I'd show you a picture of the pedal on my board, but I can't find the mini-USB cable that my camera needs ... that cable goes missing a lot ... ah well, 2 days later and I still can't find it. :poke:

Here is DVM's shot of the pedal -

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/giljanus/Amps%20and%20Pedals/PTS_top.jpg

Thanks to Duh Voodoo Man for a job really well done. :bravo: :beer: :AOK:

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, I know we did - house full of family and friends.

tot_Ou_tard
November 29th, 2008, 06:21 AM

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/6/3/7/540637.jpg http://www.ballewsmusic.com/v/vspfiles/photos/VoxDA5Pink-2.jpg
Isn't that Brian's guitar?

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/mouse_v.2/CB_RR_top.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/mouse_v.2/CB_RR_gut.jpg Is that gravy in the corner?

duhvoodooman
November 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Is that gravy in the corner?
No, but those two LED's were water-white before the proprietary DVM cranberry sauce staining process....

tot_Ou_tard
November 30th, 2008, 06:05 AM
No, but those two LED's were water-white before the proprietary DVM cranberry sauce staining process....
Hey! You left the giblets in.

Childbride
December 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
the RR made it here today. :D

i haven't played with my new toy yet, but promise to report in.

thank you, DVM! :)

sunvalleylaw
December 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
Cool, CB! Have fun rockin' out! You may need to commandeer that firefly of Shiner's too. ;)

just strum
December 1st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Congrats to all you folks with the new DVM toys.

Childbride
December 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM
it sounds really cool.

must work up new music in a different vein than i have been working. [i've been working in the 70's, acoustically]

go back to the 80's /early 90's and work on some stuff. :)

hs/undergrad, here i come. ;)

marnold
December 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
must work up new music in a different vein than i have been working.
The pedal came with Robert?

hubberjub
December 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I received my 5-knob Compressor yesterday. My amp and pedalboard are at the band's practice space so it won't be until Thursday that I get to try it out. It looks great.

sunvalleylaw
December 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
it sounds really cool.

must work up new music in a different vein than i have been working. [i've been working in the 70's, acoustically]

go back to the 80's /early 90's and work on some stuff. :)

hs/undergrad, here i come. ;)

That will be good to hear. I have not heard one with a tele yet. :AOK: