PDA

View Full Version : Epi L-00

evenkeel
November 3rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Stopped by a "Best Buy" today to check out cell phones and was distracted by the instore guitar store. I knew Best buy was adding anstruments, first time I'd seen one. Better than I expected. Good selection of electric guitars, a dedicated acoustic room and amp room. Nice guy attending the shop.

The acoustic selection was Epiphone, Martin and Gibson heavy. Couple of low end Fenders, Washburns. Top end of the selection was about $1,500-$2,000. The Epi L-00 was the only guitar I played at length. Pretty nice little acoustic. Solid spruce top, lam back and sides, sunburst finish. Otherwise rather plain jane, which is in keepiing with the Gibson original. Fairly wide and rather flat fretboard. $299. Seems a pretty fair deal.

markb
November 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
It's a nice guitar which was discussed in the "acoustics for blues" thread a couple of weeks back. Do a search at www.acousticguitarforum.com for a lot of good feedback on this guitar. The consensus is to swap the saddle and maybe the nut for bone to bring out its full potential.

A few years back I tried the Gibson and Epiphone Blues King models back to back in a shop in London. As things stood the Epiphone was a better sounding guitar. Of course, the Gibson being solid woods, it was likely to improve with playing. The price difference was of the order of 500%.

Search tip, the model no is EL-00.