PDA

View Full Version : Dropping food on the floor

Robert
November 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Let's hear what behaviors you guys have when you drop food on the floor. :D

I pick it up super fast and eat it - no remorse! (I just hope nobody notices... :beer: )

street music
November 5th, 2008, 04:00 PM
It always depends on whose floor it is? At my house with MRS CLEAN it's safe to eat off anything in the house.

duhvoodooman
November 5th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Depends on where it lands, but generally the 5 second rule applies!

P.S. NICE AVATAR, Robert! :AOK:

tunghaichuan
November 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm very germ phobic, so there is no way anything that has been on the floor is going into my mouth. I just give it to the dog (who usually has gotten it anyway :D )

tung

warren0728
November 5th, 2008, 04:12 PM
depending on the food and the floor....the 5 second rule usually applies! :pancake:

Robert
November 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Ack! I've been waiting for you to notice! What took you so long! :dude:

Depends on where it lands, but generally the 5 second rule applies!

P.S. NICE AVATAR, Robert! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
November 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Are you kidding? I wash my hands constantly there's no way something I dropped on the floor is going to be eaten.

ShortBuSX
November 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I dont really drop stuff, when I worked at the bike shop it was kind of a challenge(or almost measure of merit) between the mechanics not to drop tools and such, and if you dropped a part chances are youd be fishing all over the room/floors for a small spring or special bearing...so you kinda learn to not drop stuff.
But if I did...Id probably let it go...I really cant remember the last time I dropped food.

just strum
November 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I give it to the dogs by default, they are younger and quicker than me. However, I get back at them by eating their dog food when they're sleeping.

oldguy
November 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I work construction....if I drop food, it's not on the floor, it's in the dirt.

Childbride
November 5th, 2008, 08:21 PM
if it's something katie will eat, it's hers. bonus. :)

otherwise, it goes in the trash.

Spudman
November 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I dont really drop stuff, when I worked at the bike shop it was kind of a challenge

And you NEVER eat food that hits the bike shop floor. I tried it once because as usual I was a starving cyclist and shop employee. I did get used to the taste of TriFlow on my sandwiches.:D

I will usually eat whatever lands on the floor at the house and some stuff that lands outside...but...I will usually wash it first.:AOK:

luvmyshiner
November 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
It gets chunked dude. CB's dog is 16 years and has a bad habit of leaking piss everywhere. If I want to taste piss, I'll open a Coors Light.:beer:

sumitomo
November 5th, 2008, 10:52 PM
It gets chunked dude. CB's dog is 16 years and has a bad habit of leaking piss everywhere. If I want to taste piss, I'll open a Coors Light.:beer:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Now that's funny :bravo: :bravo: Shiner sometime you really crack me up,man my eyes are watering.Sumi:D

Robert
November 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Shiner, I agree! I have had that stuff recently and sure enough, it was like urine (except it wasn't free).

SuperSwede
November 6th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Are you kidding? I wash my hands constantly there's no way something I dropped on the floor is going to be eaten.

Lol.. I do that too, its almost a obsession.. :bravo:

So no eating from the floor :D

Glacies
November 6th, 2008, 05:28 AM
My theory is if it doesn't kill me, it only makes me stronger, but it does depend on the floor...

Jimi75
November 6th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I voted the 5 second rule. As long as it is not the main station's toilet floor that the food fell on...

Kazz
November 6th, 2008, 05:58 AM
If I am home...5 second rule.....someone elses home....act like I never dropped anything.

PAPPY
November 6th, 2008, 08:13 AM
If I drop food at my home it never hits the floor.....my wife's miniture dashound usually catches it in the air. At age 14 she is still quick as greased lighting when it comes to food being dropped...slower than christmas when I let her out to take care of "business" but still has that flash of a dash when eating.

Rocket
November 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I feed it to anyone else... (remember that if you stop over for dinner!)

poodlesrule
November 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Eat it!

Tons of bacteria everywhere, stomach, mouth, hands.

Recent BBC online article:

"...study also found that human hands harbour far higher numbers of bacteria species than previously thought... researchers found a typical hand had roughly 150 different species of bacteria living on it.

Dr Fierer said the study also found hand washing had little impact on the diversity of bacteria found on an individual's hands.
While some groups of bacteria were less abundant following hand washing, others were more abundant.
However, the researchers said that washing with anti-bacterial cleansers was still an effective way to minimise the risk of disease, as it seemed particularly to target harmful bugs.

"It is thought that having such flora on our hands is probably beneficial, because the bacteria occupy niches which are then unavailable to pathogens."