PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt is here

cobalt
November 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Hi all, I'm Cobalt. I found this place doing a search on Hagstrom. I own a Viking Dlx. I have had it a coupe of months and really love it. My Start hasn't been getting much playing time. I play through a Fender Gdec Jr. I try to stay away from pedals.I play blues and some alt rock. I am newly divorced and am starting a new chapter in my life.( I forgot to mention that I also have a Silvercreek OO.)

tunghaichuan
November 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome to The Fret, this is a great group of people and a great forum. :bravo:

tung

warren0728
November 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
welcome cobalt....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
November 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Welcome my friend. I am driving a car with your name... :)

Enjoy our gang of Fretters.

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Cobalt! I am one of two (EDIT, I stand corrected, three including Algonquin) Hagstrom owners here. Two of us own Vikings. Mine is a Standard Cherry. I also enjoy it very much, and it splits time with my Strat, which I also love. Would be glad to hear more about how you use your Hag, and what sounds you like dialing in. Welcome!

Algonquin
November 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the Fret.
Cheers :beer:

(:wave: Also a Hagstrom owner)

duhvoodooman
November 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Cobalt! :AOK: Stick around and we'll cure you of that case of pedal-phobia.... :D

Ch0jin
November 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
... I try to stay away from pedals.

Haha not for long mate ;)

Welcome though :)

(lol you just beat me DVM)

araT
November 5th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome Cobalt, from one newbie to another! you'll love it here!

Spudman
November 5th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Welcome Cobalt. :wave: I'm a Viking Deluxe owner and lover too. Congratulations on your new life. It's going to be a great one.

oldguy
November 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome to TheFret cobalt!:) Glad you joined us here. I've never owned a Hagstrom, what do you like about the Viking?

cobalt
November 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks "Oldguy" I love the neck It's slim but in a good way. The fretboard is pretty cool just enough grip without feeling sticky. The fit and finish is top notch. It has it's own range of sounds. Dare I say personality. I find it a nice alternative to all the LP's and Strats out there. I'm not putting them down. I have just covered that ground already. I'm finally dialing in a tone all my own and not complicated. That is one thing about all those classic albums of the 60's there tone is basically plug and play so there is nowhere to hide. Just your talent coming through, yet I digress. So far the Vikings are a well kept secret. I love the way it looks on the wall next to my Start too. Has everybody seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSdH9z8snac

SuperSwede
November 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Welcome Cobalt!

I dont own a Hagström but I come from the land where they originally were designed and manifactured :p

Brian Krashpad
November 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Cobalt! Welcome.

Andy
November 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome Cobalt, you found a great group of people here, lots of em'