PDA

View Full Version : Any love for Silvercreek

cobalt
November 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I just discovered these great acoustics for myself a couple of months ago. I found it on M. F. and haven't seen them anywhere else. It's an OO size. All solid tone woods. Solid Spruce top Solid Rosewood back and sides, and a chunky soft v neck. It is one of the most responsive acoustics I have ever played. Nice even tone at just a strum. Each note clear and separate. Came out of the case with intonation perfect, neck strait with just enough relief. Action is a bit high. Ill have it set up latter but not in a hurry at the time. It came with a Guardian hard case complete with Hydrometer. All for $399.00 shipped. Anybody else pick one of these up yet?

warren0728
November 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
there is one on the local craig's list....silver creek d-160 for $225...

it is probably already gone by now....i have never heard of them until i saw the ad on craig's list...

Rocket
November 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
"Silver Creek" is a store-brand name owned by Musician's Friend (Guitar Centers, Inc.)... like "Rogue", "Musician's Gear", and half-dozen others. Cheap generic crap is ordered from China and sold through the GC affiliate stores under their own brand names.
If you order enough of them, you too can have your name on the headstock.

cobalt
November 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
"Cheap generic crap is ordered from China"
I think the days of that term having much merit have ended. It's a blanket generalization that is simply not true in this case. Have you played one? Do you have a friend that has one, Or maybe he has a friend that has one. Do you have any first second or third hand experience with what you are referring to? Just asking.

Spudman
November 5th, 2008, 08:33 PM
"Cheap generic crap is ordered from China"
I think the days of that term having much merit have ended. It's a blanket generalization that is simply not true in this case. Have you played one? Do you have a friend that has one, Or maybe he has a friend that has one. Do you have any first second or third hand experience with what you are referring to? Just asking.

I have to agree. It certainly doesn't apply to my Rogue PRS clone which feels and plays better than any PRS, out of about 30, that I have ever played.

marnold
November 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
On the TalkBass forums there was also a thread where people were amazed at how good the Rogue six-string basses were. Judging from the looks of them, I always guessed that they were made by the same folks who make the low-end Ibanezes, but that's just a guess on my part.

Disraeli
November 7th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I have one, they even threw in a free case. I have to say, its a good little guitar. Good sound for 250 bones.