PDA

View Full Version : Now What?????

street music
November 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Ok, so the election is over, we have a new President, the economy is at a very low point , gas prices are still out of control. What's next for the working population of our nation??
Will I be able to recover from the loss of in my 401K? Should I sell out while I can and move to something smaller?
Where will my next guitar purchase come from????:thwap:
Will I ever be able to play guitar and have someone know what I'm playing??
So many questions without answers, I'll just fall back on the one song that provides the answer; IMAGINE
:rockon:

warren0728
November 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
ill I ever be able to play guitar and have someone know what I'm playing??
So many questions without answers, I'll just fall back on the one song that provides the answer; IMAGINE
great song....one of my all time favorites....

oh and i don't have any answers.... :thwap:

oldguy
November 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Ok, so the election is over, we have a new President, the economy is at a very low point , gas prices are still out of control. What's next for the working population of our nation??
Will I be able to recover from the loss of in my 401K? Should I sell out while I can and move to something smaller?
Where will my next guitar purchase come from????:thwap:
Will I ever be able to play guitar and have someone know what I'm playing??
:rockon:

Compare the U.S. to the rest of the world, gas is not that expensive.
New presidents only have the power to make suggestions in most cases, not pass sweeping changes. The next move for the working population in this nation is to keep working, as in the rest of the world. Your next guitar purchase will come from a man named Steve. Post some clips of a song your playing and I'll see if I can guess what it is.

401K? What's that???????????

:rotflmao:

M29
November 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Man I got gas for 1.97 yesterday. Oh... that was with my Kroger card:D

Me... I am practicing my batootie off. Can't buy anything anymore but I can play, play, play:rockon:

player
November 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Compare the U.S. to the rest of the world, gas is not that expensive.
New presidents only have the power to make suggestions in most cases, not pass sweeping changes. The next move for the working population in this nation is to keep working, as in the rest of the world. Your next guitar purchase will come from a man named Steve. Post some clips of a song your playing and I'll see if I can guess what it is.

401K? What's that???????????

:rotflmao:
Don't know why gas there is not less.it is just over two bucks here,some places less than two(1.95.9).never let it be said now this country is not the land of opportunity.maybe now less places will hate us :eek:
vaugely remember putting a 401 k into gov't bonds.
me thinks it will take time and patience before we see any real changes But once they start and if they are good ..more power to us.been awhile OG since we have seen or heard any clips from you..understandable being busy and all

Ch0jin
November 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'm hoping for good things for America will come from the change.

I wont get into politics, especially the politics of a country I've never even been to, but man. This HAS to be an improvement. Even if only in the perception of the USA by the rest of the world. Local news coverage last night showed plenty of Australians happy about the decision of US voters too.

player
November 6th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I'm hoping for good things for America will come from the change.

I wont get into politics, especially the politics of a country I've never even been to, but man. This HAS to be an improvement. Even if only in the perception of the USA by the rest of the world. Local news coverage last night showed plenty of Australians happy about the decision of US voters too.
Thinking and hoping the same in this country.We hope it hit bottom so the only other direction is up.Thanks for not getting into it(politics).we have been pretty good so far.do I feel a song coming out of this? :D

street music
November 6th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Oldguy, that thing 401K is what I hope to have waiting for me in 10 years as I get to retire , MAYBE, and start playing guitar from morning to night, become a roadie and go from city to city enjoying great music. I gotta get down to see Shiner & CB for that deer hunt and great entertainment too.
If I can ever get the hang of those clips, I'll post something. My computer hasn't worked too well with the mic I use.

WELL WISHES TO ALL IN THE NEW ERA!

Tone2TheBone
November 6th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah gas is down to almost $2.00 over here. It will take a little time but I am confident we will bounce back.

marnold
November 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Take a deep breath. If you are retiring in 10 years that means that you remember 1987. That crash was far worse than anything we've experienced recently and the economy recovered very nicely, thank you. To those who say, "It can't be worse" please pick up a history textbook sometime. I'm not saying anything one way or the other about the incoming regime. It is my hope and prayer that things will get better in the economy, etc. But it can always be worse and the past 100 years of American history alone should be enough to prove that.

I'd suggest that all Americans turn off their T.V.s for the next 30 days. The media histrionics over the stock market and the economy help nothing but only make things worse.

About the dumbest thing you could do now is pull out your 401K. Then you'd be buying high and selling low--disaster. Talk with a broker or someone you trust about how your money is invested. If you really are retiring in 10 years (assuming that makes you ~55), consider diversifying away from stocks somewhat. You can't go away from the stock market entirely unless you plan on being retired five years and then dying. Everyone has their own tolerance for risk. You have to figure out what yours is and adjust your portfolio accordingly.

The reality is that this is a buying opportunity. Stocks are low and some are being dragged down by the rest of the market despite good fundamentals. There's your opportunity. Warren Buffet recently said that he's in "buy" mode and he's smarter than just about everybody in this respect.

street music
November 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks Marnold, actually I'm 53 and while I didn't get as hard on my 401K as others , I had already protected some of my funds . I'm with you on the hope that our national economy improves and that our people work together to bring that about.
It is a different world in our area than many may deal with. Coal mining is the biggest industry other than hospitals for our region. Drugs have destroyed the population and yet I live in a DRY COUNTY. Yes, booze is not sold here.
Several counties do have a few places that booze can be bought legally . If the coal business is hurt by the new leaders our economy will get worse. I have the hope of seeing things improve as a whole for our region and that life will be better soon for all on this forum.:)

luvmyshiner
November 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Huh??? My retirement plan is called "Shiner will work till he dies".:thwap: But I'm planning on having a helluva time on the way. Street, the music room is almost finished (pictures soon) so there will be a bed ready when ya' get down here for the jam and the hunt.

And Marnold's right, now's the time to buy. I've poured about $3k into the market in the last three weeks. You can pick up Ford under $2 a share, if you shop it right you can get American Airlines for about $6 a share, hell, I even picked up some Exxon-Mobile for $51 a share. Don't panick, take advantage and think of the market in terms of months (or years) rather than hours.

luvmyshiner
November 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
. . . and yet I live in a DRY COUNTY. Yes, booze is not sold here.

WHAAAATTTTTT?????:eek: :eek: Get the hell out of there Street . . . before it's too late.:thwap:

Glacies
November 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
WHAAAATTTTTT?????:eek: :eek: Get the hell out of there Street . . . before it's too late.:thwap:

They probably... uhhh... don't have stores that sell it.... ;) ;) ;)

It's Kentucky after all! :P